Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry mouth, swollen Parotid Gland, related to cpap?
RE: Dry mouth, swollen Parotid Gland, related to cpap?
Not a doctor -- but, I suspect a stone in the saliva duct from that gland.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry mouth, swollen Parotid Gland, related to cpap?
(01-31-2014, 01:38 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Try sleeping on your back again. I was not able to do that for as long as I can remember. When I had my sleep study, sleeping on my left side was "marginally" an issue. But the few minutes off and on during the night when I ended up on my back sent my osa's through the roof. Now, with the machine I am experiencing back-sleeping nirvana! My ahi is very low, typically showing 2 or 3 events per night. As enjoyable as I found the back sleeping to be, I found I began to miss sleeping on my left side. So I'm doing that carefully now. I don't want Mr. Bad Pain-in-ear to come back! I still believe the problem was I tried to keep from breathing through the mouth, but over compensated with a too tight chinstrap.

I am going to try some back sleeping tonight and see if it makes a difference. Yah Mr Bad Pain in the Ear is a royal pain in my a** lol. I am keeping my eye out for him!

(01-31-2014, 01:39 PM)me50 Wrote: I would be concerned that, after having a biopsy, being on antibiotics, having the symptoms you just had, that a doc's office would ask for you to wait for 2 weeks to be seen, especially with doing a biopsy where they are looking to rule out something, whether it be cancer or some other issue(s).

As far as dry mouth, try biotene toothpaste, mouthwash, mouth spray (it is not inexpensive) but it does work.

Mr dermatologist would see me in a heartbeat, they were the ones that did the biopsy, it is for a rare skin issue, and they are doing a study that they asked me to volunteer for. So the antibiotics really were just a precautionary measure. But to see an ENT they have a two week wait at the minimum, and to be honest as I said it did resolve so as of now no symptoms beyond the dry mouth, but as they said dry mouth could be the cause I am just looking to be rid of the dry mouth.

I have used Biotene in the past, and that is a very good suggestion, better than the tart candies, that stuff does work well. Thanks for reminding me, and suggesting that.

(01-31-2014, 01:48 PM)justMongo Wrote: Not a doctor -- but, I suspect a stone in the saliva duct from that gland.

Could very well have been, it did resolve in under 48 hours though so I am not sure. But it certainly could have been.

I am glad I signed up for this board, you guys (and girls) are very helpful.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 377 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.