Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm new. Hi all
RE: I'm new. Hi all
(02-08-2014, 03:53 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Franklyspeaking,
Sounds like now that you have gotten your rainout taken care of, you are off to a GREAT start, keep up the good work.

Hi trish6hundred, I am new at posting on boards/forums, but I'm tryingShy thank you for your reply and Herb along with everyone else that asked me questions or offered help.

So far the rainout is gone. I guess I tweaked the settings the right way.

I can't believe I have not been taking afternoon naps any longer. I've always needed a nap at 2 in the afternoon now I'm bugged eyed with energy to sit and read.

I did want to share that the first CPAP machine I bought second hand was a (respironics remstar plus with humidifier) I think it was made in 2007, only had 43 hours on it, very quiet and seemed easy to use. The setting on it was 10, at the time and I was not knowledgable enough to figure out how to change the settings.

The first night was great, I woke up feeling good, but my eyes felt puffy. The second night was fine too, but even more puffing feeling and my nose was dry as a bone. I complained to my husband and he scanned the net to try and find the clinical manual on it. He did and long story short the machine was set to the highest mountain altitude. I was being blown awayOh-jeez

After that experience I really started doing a lot of research on the machines out there along trying to get help with my snoring. Thats when I went on the search for the resmed 9s autoset. I felt like this was the machine for me. I'm glad I have it and so far my highest AHl 2.5, I had 6 obstructed and 4 hypotonia in the last reading.

My husband says I stop breathing so that's why I wanted to try a CPAP. My son has one and it stopped his snoring and has also helped his high blood pressure. There is a lot of heart disease in my family and I've had heart murmurs in the past so I really felt all this oxygen loss can't be good.

I hope to share my experiences. I've even started a log book journal for each night. I even log late night meals. My readings seem to be higher if I eat late so there maybe something to timing my meals plus the fact I shouldn't be eating after seven at nightRolleyes

Again thanks to all!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm new. Hi all
(02-09-2014, 07:06 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 03:53 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Franklyspeaking,
Sounds like now that you have gotten your rainout taken care of, you are off to a GREAT start, keep up the good work.

Hi trish6hundred, I am new at posting on boards/forums, but I'm tryingShy thank you for your reply and Herb along with everyone else that asked me questions or offered help.

So far the rainout is gone. I guess I tweaked the settings the right way.

I can't believe I have not been taking afternoon naps any longer. I've always needed a nap at 2 in the afternoon now I'm bugged eyed with energy to sit and read.

I did want to share that the first CPAP machine I bought second hand was a (respironics remstar plus with humidifier) I think it was made in 2007, only had 43 hours on it, very quiet and seemed easy to use. The setting on it was 10, at the time and I was not knowledgable enough to figure out how to change the settings.

The first night was great, I woke up feeling good, but my eyes felt puffy. The second night was fine too, but even more puffing feeling and my nose was dry as a bone. I complained to my husband and he scanned the net to try and find the clinical manual on it. He did and long story short the machine was set to the highest mountain altitude. I was being blown awayOh-jeez

After that experience I really started doing a lot of research on the machines out there along trying to get help with my snoring. Thats when I went on the search for the resmed 9s autoset. I felt like this was the machine for me. I'm glad I have it and so far my highest AHl 2.5, I had 6 obstructed and 4 hypotonia in the last reading.

My husband says I stop breathing so that's why I wanted to try a CPAP. My son has one and it stopped his snoring and has also helped his high blood pressure. There is a lot of heart disease in my family and I've had heart murmurs in the past so I really felt all this oxygen loss can't be good.

I hope to share my experiences. I've even started a log book journal for each night. I even log late night meals. My readings seem to be higher if I eat late so there maybe something to timing my meals plus the fact I shouldn't be eating after seven at nightRolleyes

Again thanks to all!!
I've just read your story and you have done a great job. Can't believe you have done it all by yourself. Keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.