Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME supplies through Medicare
DME supplies through Medicare
Good morning, everyone. I hope your day is going well so far. I've got a question that I should know the answer to by now, but I don't. Here goes. Can I get CPAP supplies through the mail automatically through Medicare? I'm asking because I'm not so far. I have to ask specifically for each thing, if I remember or not, and sometimes I forget what I need since I got started on the wrong foot. Half the time I'm due stuff I'm not getting. Any input greatly appreciated. I see things on tv about automatic supplies in the mail and am confused as to why my DME wouldn't be doing that for me if I'm entitled to it, which I don't know for sure if I am or not. I'll be calling Medicare here before long after I read the answers here. Thanks so much for making me feel like there are others out there who understand exactly what it's like to deal with sleep apnea. It means alot to me not to feel alone in this. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME supplies through Medicare
My DME will call me on a periodic basis and tell me I am eligible for specific items such as filters, CPAP masks, tubing, etc. and give me the option of having them send the items I choose.

You might want to contact your DME.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
your DME is falling down on their responsibilities. You are allowed 2 filters each month, one cushion is using a FFM and 2 cushions/pillows if using a nasal mask or nasal pillows. Every 3 months, you are allowed a new frame and cushions, tubing if you use a humidifier. Every 6 months, you are allowed a new chamber, head gear and chin strap if you use one.

My DME does their supplies on a 3 month basis (which is more expensive for those of us on medicare or a fixed monthly income). I don't have straight medicare so I don't know about mail order through them but you can do that with a medicare advantage plan as long as you use one that is on their list. If you don't use one on the list, you will pay out of network rates. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare coverage in US
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare
Post Reply Post Reply
Your DME may call to remind you. But, the US Medicare rules require that you ask for DME supplies.
They cannot send them to you on auto-pilot.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about all machines but Resmed has a place where you can put in a reminder of when you want to reorder your specific supplies
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 377 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 252 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 390 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.