Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Oximeter CMS50E
New Oximeter CMS50E
As part of my review of my sleeping characteristics I have just bought a CMS50E pulse oximeter. This is a very neat piece of kit which allows me to download a full night's data via USB (or by wireless) to a computer. Software named SpO2 Assistant v2.5.0 that comes with the device allows me to produce charts of SpO2 and pulse rate for a nightly session in fine detail. My reason for getting the CMS oximeter in particular was the potential ability to get the data into SleepyHead so that I could line up Apnea events with SpO2 desaturation events on the one set of charts.

I note that members have had some success with data from CMS50D oximeters in the past but that cheaper device seems to no longer have data storage capabilities.

The data format from the new oximeter appears to have changed (.SpO2 file extension) and is no longer consistent with SleepyHead or the older CMS SpO2 Review software. Changing the file extension to .SpO doesn't help.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with this software combination? Is JediMark still active in SH product development?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Oximeter CMS50E
(02-13-2014, 09:10 PM)bhutch Wrote: As part of my review of my sleeping characteristics I have just bought a CMS50E pulse oximeter. This is a very neat piece of kit which allows me to download a full night's data via USB (or by wireless) to a computer. Software named SpO2 Assistant v2.5.0 that comes with the device allows me to produce charts of SpO2 and pulse rate for a nightly session in fine detail. My reason for getting the CMS oximeter in particular was the potential ability to get the data into SleepyHead so that I could line up Apnea events with SpO2 desaturation events on the one set of charts.

I note that members have had some success with data from CMS50D oximeters in the past but that cheaper device seems to no longer have data storage capabilities.

The data format from the new oximeter appears to have changed (.SpO2 file extension) and is no longer consistent with SleepyHead or the older CMS SpO2 Review software. Changing the file extension to .SpO doesn't help.

Does anyone on the forum have experience with this software combination? Is JediMark still active in SH product development?

What specific Operating System and version are you using? (I had trouble with the drivers for the device.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead is looking for a .spo or a spoR file extension and the new SpO2 Assistant ver 2.4 now produces a .spo2 extension. As bhutch said, renaming the file doesn't work.

The good news is that I bought a CMS50EW and got a Mediabridge Bluetooth adapter and it works flawlessly with the Oximeter. Much better than having the USB converter "cable" that it came with. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to hijack your post but before I buy the CMS 50E (with all it's great features), does it operate on a Win 7 64 bit op system?
thanks
TLGF
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thelazygreenfox,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use an oximeter but hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The data downloads to 3 file formats. A csv file, a txt file, and an SpO2 file.
You might be able to import from the csv file (comma separated variable).
I've not tried it as I'm not using sleepyhead.

Even if you are successful, the clocks (oximeter and xPAP) must be synchronized for the data to be useful.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 05:42 PM)thelazygreenfox Wrote: I don't want to hijack your post but before I buy the CMS 50E (with all it's great features), does it operate on a Win 7 64 bit op system?
thanks
TLGF

I have it installed and working on both a Win 7 64 bit system and a Win 8.1 64 bit system.

Both the UART cable and Bluetooth work on either system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bama
Thanks. I'll purchase one now.
TLGF
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,221 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.