Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

After first nights on CPAP I'm lost
RE: After first nights on CPAP I'm lost
For me a t-shirt that is a little too small (my weight goes up and down), or a little too short (some are cut that way) or for any reason doesn't have enough shoulder easement (my shoulders are pretty big even when I am skinny) gets caught underneath, rides up, or somehow gets a fold between the bed and me.

Drives me nuts.

Clean shirts are just fine though. Smile

The mask can be VERY mildly annoying for one reason or another -- sometimes just an itch in my nose -- but that is less than 3 or 4 other things in the scheme of things.

For that matter, with the P10, I can MOSTLY scratch my nose on the outside and most of my upper lip.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 01:03 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 12:06 AM)Gabby Wrote:
(02-15-2014, 09:33 PM)me50 Wrote: Gabby, hopefully you are getting all the crappy stuff out of the way early on so things will go well sooner than later! Glad that the mail is delivered on Monday; it isn't in the US. Let us know how you do on the machine tonight. If you really have bad leaks, you will know it most likely. The big deal is getting the healing started so you will feel better. Hope you have a better sleep tonight and wake up without the same symptoms you have the past few days.

Me50 let's hope you are right and I am getting rid of all the crappy stuff at the start, then once I am rid of the rubbish it will be smooth sailing. My S9 machine will not be delivered until Tuesday, they will send it to me on Monday. (Do you only have mail delivery four days a week?)
Until the S9 arrives I will continue to use the S8, so, as you say I can get the healing started. Now that I have started I don't want to stop and as each day passes I will start to feel better and better.

We have mail delivery 6 days per week but Monday is a holiday (President's Day) in the US. Keep your positive attitude!

Me50, still trying hard to keep positive attitude, hoping S9 arrives tomorrow. I have taken half a sleeping tablet tonight as I am in desperate need of a decent few hours sleep.
Anyway still one day at a time and trying to stay relaxed and calm. I have also ordered a pillow to see how I go with one of those, not that I mind my Swift FX Nano, just thought I would give a pillow a go.
Looking forward to hear what my reading is of what my time used has been like so far.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 01:20 AM)vsheline Wrote: Hi Gabby,

Very important: Do not wait to find out whether they are shipping you an S9 Escape Auto.

First thing in the morning, please call them right away and tell them you will only accept the S9 AutoSet, not the S9 Escape Auto, and they should not even bother sending you an Escape Auto. If they claim they don't have the S9 Autoset in stock and would need to order it tell them you will wait or will look for a new DME.

The S9 Escape Auto does not record any detailed waveform data, nor report individual events, nor does it distinguish between Central versus Obstructive apnea type, all of which is important for a brand new machine to provide.

Nor would the quality of the therapy be the same. The S9 Escape Auto uses the out-of-date S8 AutoSet algorithm, not the improved S9 AutoSet algorithm which was redesigned based on better distinguishing between Central versus Obstructive apnea type.

It was totally outrageous that they set you up with a very old S8 AutoSet Spirit (its first model, not even its less old model "II"). Actually, if there is any way you can simply return the old machine and change to a new DME supplier, that would be best and most fitting, from the standpoint of withholding business from such a woefully inadequate DME supplier.

Sometimes working up a little righteous indignation can help us become appropriately more assertive.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Vaughan, thank you for getting indignant on my behalf, I wish I could get on the phone and give them half of what you just told me to but I haven't got it in me.
I will wait and see when my machine arrives, hopefully tomorrow. I am thinking it will probably have to be an Elite because how else will they be able to know how I am fairing. It would be useless to send me an Escape. I hope.
Anyway if it is an Escape, I promise I will get on the phone and get stuck in.
I am unable to change suppliers at this stage for a number of reasons so I will keep my fingers crossed and just hope that my S9 will be able to show me if I have leaks and I will be able to pop my SD card in to my computer daily and read what is going on on the SleepyHead program I have downloaded.
At the present time I have used the machine for four full night and numerous day time sleeps and I am feeling no benefits whatsoever. However I know Rome wasn't built in a day and I am prepared to take one day at a time and persevere and wait for the small signs of success to start to shine through.
Will keep you posted on my new machine.
Thanks again for your concern.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
It will take a while for your body and organs to heal from who knows how long of untreated apnea. You are doing the best thing for yourself and that is to keep being treated, keep the positive attitude and ask us for help or just vent if that is what it takes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 277 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.