Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Couldn't take a deep breath
RE: Couldn't take a deep breath
Thanks everyone. I have reflux disease and have had problems like this before. If i'm not better in a couple of days, I'll seek medical attention. Today was a holiday here in Ontario and I'm away the next two days so hopefully it will resolve itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update to this problem. I had all kinds of tests done and the doctor could not find a reason for my inability to take a deep breath. This week I had my respiration therapist's appointment and I mentioned it to him. On my second visit he had changed my pressure from 9 to 10 which appeared to be causing a heaviness in my upper chest and he thought maybe that might also be the cause of my breathing problem. He switched me back to 9 and I'm doing much better. So if anyone else experiences this, you might need a pressure change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sandra_ON,
It's great to hear that your tests came back normal and I'm glad to hear that lowering your pressure resolved your problems with taking deep breaths.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my breathing problem....

Saw the RT this week. When I first went my pressure was 9, after 3 wks he raised it to 10 (the sleep study had indicated 9), then I started having the breathing problem but I didn't equate it to the rise in pressure. So this time when I told him about the breathing problems and heaviness in chest which had also developed, he said it might be because of the change in pressure so he reduced to 9 again. My breathing isn't back but seems to be much better and the chest heaviness is mostly gone. (Sigh of relief) I had gone to the doctor and had heart tests and lung tests and showed nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,009 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 585 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  reading oscar data- deep sleep nachumj 6 817 10-10-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,425 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
Question [Diagnosis] What are these deep breaths and holds? phr00t 8 1,336 07-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Xeros

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.