Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Newbie here, first night tubed up!
RE: Newbie here, first night tubed up!
(03-02-2014, 12:26 PM)gunkthruster Wrote: Yes mine has the SD card built in.

After a few nights of use, it's not getting any better in the sense that when the high pressure kicks in, it jars me awake. SO, essentially I wasn't aware BEFORE I had this machine that I was waking up but now I am. lol

I know it will take a while.

I had the ramp taken off so I could tell that my mask wasn't going to leak when it did come up. That was with a full face mask which was the worst for me, moved to nasal mask then nasal pillows which I like the best. If I would have based my treatment on my first mask I would not have been happy but I was stubborn and stayed with it and ended up with something that I could live with. Many symptoms have gone away since using my set up.
Good Luck Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote:

After a few nights of use, it's not getting any better in the sense that when the high pressure kicks in, it jars me awake. SO, essentially I wasn't aware BEFORE I had this machine that I was waking up but now I am. lol

Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It says "AutoSet" and then EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote:

Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It would be helpful if you update your profile with the complete machine info (S9 Autoset), your pressure (are you on a fixed pressure or a pressure range), what mask you are using. You don't see Escape anywhere on your machine do you? If I am not mistaken, if it doesn't say Escape on top of the power button and Easy Breathe or something like that under the power button, you have an S9 Autoset.

Also, I would recommend downloading ResScan or SleepyHead so you can watch your data.

Is the high pressure jarring you awake after you have been asleep a while? If you can share a little more info, then we will be able to offer better info and suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=719]
(03-02-2014, 02:58 PM)me50 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote: Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It would be helpful if you update your profile with the complete machine info (S9 Autoset), your pressure (are you on a fixed pressure or a pressure range), what mask you are using. You don't see Escape anywhere on your machine do you? If I am not mistaken, if it doesn't say Escape on top of the power button and Easy Breathe or something like that under the power button, you have an S9 Autoset.

Also, I would recommend downloading ResScan or SleepyHead so you can watch your data.

Is the high pressure jarring you awake after you have been asleep a while? If you can share a little more info, then we will be able to offer better info and suggestions.

Yeah it doesn't say Escape on it.

I think my pressure is at 20, that's what I heard the DME say.

It starts out very low automatically, I can barely tell it's on.

I don't set anything other than the warm up on the humidifier. I notice when I wake up the pressure must be on full. Then it turns itself back down to low while I get back to sleep, usually about 10-20 min.

Attaching picture. I'll work on getting the software to work on my PC.(looks like to Mac version?? )

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 04:03 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 02:58 PM)me50 Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote: It says "AutoSet" and then EPR

Yeah it doesn't say Escape on it.

I think my pressure is at 20, that's what I heard the DME say.

It starts out very low automatically, I can barely tell it's on.

I don't set anything other than the warm up on the humidifier. I notice when I wake up the pressure must be on full. Then it turns itself back down to low while I get back to sleep, usually about 10-20 min.

Attaching picture. I'll work on getting the software to work on my PC.(looks like to Mac version?? )

if your pressure is 20 then if you are using the ramp, once it reaches 20, it will stay at 20 the whole time you are sleeping. You might want to consider using the autoset with a pressure range. We can help you with that once you download SleepyHead and look at your data to see what is happening once you get to 20 (leaks, snoring, flow limitations, etc.). Are you using Mac OS? I knew at one time there was a patch for Mac users that had Respironics but I think that was incorporated into a later version. Look in the private files and click on the SleepyHead link and it has a list of machines that Sleepy Head works with. I know it works with Resmeds
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, thanks everyone. I thought that was going to be an ordeal. I was able to get it installed on my work laptop and not much data yet, of course, cause I just started.

It is an S9 AutoSet
Min. Pressure 5.0
Max. Pressure 20.0
EPR Off

Max pressure used: 13.3
Apnea Index 0.4
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 04:20 PM)gunkthruster Wrote: First of all, thanks everyone. I thought that was going to be an ordeal. I was able to get it installed on my work laptop and not much data yet, of course, cause I just started.

It is an S9 AutoSet
Min. Pressure 5.0
Max. Pressure 20.0
EPR Off

Max pressure used: 13.3
Apnea Index 0.4

how long have you been using a machine? You may want to consider tightening your pressure up if you have been using it for at least 2 weeks, preferably a month or so since you are new to using CPAP.

EDIT: Also, you may want to get a copy of your sleep study. The DME has it as well as the doc that wrote your script for your machine, etc. You should get a copy of your script too with the pressure listed on it. Your DME has that too. I am surprised that your pressures are pretty much wide open since you had a sleep study. Anyway, you are on the right track. It takes a while for healing to happen so just don't give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP has not been using CPAP that long, only a couple days according to the date in the original post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 392 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.