Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Welcome to my life - Last Night...
RE: Welcome to my life - Last Night...
Sorry, while I am no longer 'deformed', my issues stem from my over-bite - my lips don't really stay closed on their own at all.

As a child.. well, let's just say my braces, etc were medically needed.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 06:02 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Sorry, while I am no longer 'deformed', my issues stem from my over-bite - my lips don't really stay closed on their own at all. As a child.. well, let's just say my braces, etc were medically needed.

I too have an overbite issue -- which the doc says is a significant cause of my sleep apnea (bottom jaw much further back, closing airway). Mouth always wants to open a bit. I'm wondering if that's why I'm getting a bloated/cramped stomach each morning. Using a full face mask now.

I heard that full face masks with adjustable headgear that has a dial that can change the angle might help. I heard that it was more available in earlier days though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trust me, the masks of 'today' are much, much better than the masks of yesterday~!

FYI? Am going to spend the $115 bucks and try the 'Innomed' Hybrid Full Face CPAP Mask with Nasal Pillows and Headgear - we'll see what happens. High hopes, as nasal pillows work for me, and the eye leaks are bugging me - as are the almost nightly mask farts.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,098 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,254 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 621 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 952 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,297 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.