Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] 5 nights of zero AHI -- but?
RE: 5 nights of zero AHI -- but?
(03-18-2014, 10:42 AM)justMongo Wrote: The flow curves show flow stoppages -- yet the machine does not score an apnea.

I've contacted the supplier; but, have gotten no satisfaction.

This machine is defective!

If it were me, I would call Resmed. I had to do that before and they gave me an RMA and I called the supplier with it and the supplier gave me a new machine and sent the messed up one back. What supplier did you buy from?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 11:24 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 11:12 AM)Peter_C Wrote: How are you sleeping though? While I have no personal knowledge of any of the S9 series, I believe they go through self-testing on every start-up? Any chance it's just you not knowing the machine well yet?

Pretend you have no software, no data - would you still feel this way? Like me, you've been OSA long enough to know a good night from a bad night, and whether or not you've slept well. Approach it from this angle, and ask yourself if you still feel the machine is defective?

30 seconds of zero flow should score an event. If that part does not work... what else might be wrong with it?

This machine was a zero hour, open box special. I spent over $1k for it. I could have gotten an S9 Autoset for less.

are there leaks when you see no flow? what is your pressure during that time? If you really are concerned, and if it were me, I would definitely talk with Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 03:53 PM)me50 Wrote: If it were me, I would call Resmed. I had to do that before and they gave me an RMA and I called the supplier with it and the supplier gave me a new machine and sent the messed up one back. What supplier did you buy from?
providing the machine covered by resmed new machine warranty and this supplier is an accredited resmed outlet
oterwise if not mistaken, resmed don,t want to know

what the serial number on the machine and humidifier, does not helps much but will tells us the date of manufacture

Post Reply Post Reply
After noon today. I unplugged the power line for about an hour.
I plugged it back in; then took a 20 minute nap. The LCD display scored 2.8 AHI.

Seems it takes more than a few seconds to cycle the power. Must have a big capacitor in the generator.
I'll know more tomorrow.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 06:27 PM)justMongo Wrote: After noon today. I unplugged the power line for about an hour.
I plugged it back in; then took a 20 minute nap. The LCD display scored 2.8 AHI.

Seems it takes more than a few seconds to cycle the power. Must have a big capacitor in the generator.
I'll know more tomorrow.

well, hopefully that is a good sign. I am pretty tired today so excuse this if the question is dumb but how can someone have 2.8 AHI for 20 minutes of sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 74 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 302 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 313 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 259 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 471 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 707 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 597 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.