Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Sleep Apnea Linked to Depression
RE: Sleep Apnea Linked to Depression
(03-30-2012, 01:55 PM)Rritch Wrote: I just found an article that is discussing the study, I have not located the actual study yet. I am not sure if it is OK to post a link to the article or not. If it is I will post it.

News articles and medical studies are fine. It's the links to commercial sites that sell things on their website that we're trying to avoid.

Thanks.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thats very weird? I used to suffer from panic attacks some years ago but I mostly had them when queuing inside like especially at shop counters, never had them outside but thats where I had to go to calm down (Flight) Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Thats very weird? I used to suffer from panic attacks some years ago but I mostly had them when queuing inside like especially at shop counters, never had them outside but thats where I had to go to calm down (Flight) Thinking-about

She typically has them at the back of large stores or outside if she gets too far from the house or car. They just switched her medication, plus she has recently had a new 2 night study. The new study showed that her pressure was WAY too high. Her old pressure was 18 and the new titration is 10.

She is doing much better with the panic now. I am not sure if it is the meds, more affective CPAP treatment or a combination of both. She does feel like the panic started about 6 months after she first started noticing sleep issue. That was about 8 years ago but she has only been treated for OSA about a year and a half and it has not been that effective until recently.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 08:38 AM)Rritch Wrote: She typically has them at the back of large stores or outside if she gets too far from the house or car.

Rritch, could you describe her panic attacks please. I'm trying to nail down something going on with me and large stores rang the bell. thanks.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 11:44 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 08:38 AM)Rritch Wrote: She typically has them at the back of large stores or outside if she gets too far from the house or car.

Rritch, could you describe her panic attacks please. I'm trying to nail down something going on with me and large stores rang the bell. thanks.

From what she has described, she gets very panicky (obviously) and her heart rate goes sky high. She gets sweaty and her breathing gets very rapid. I guess you could say it is similar to what someone might experience with a heart attack minus the actual chest pain. Once it kicks in she is unable to control the flight instinct and has to get out of the situation. They typically last between 30 and 60 seconds.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 02:32 PM)Rritch Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 11:44 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:

From what she has described, she gets very panicky (obviously) and her heart rate goes sky high. She gets sweaty and her breathing gets very rapid. I guess you could say it is similar to what someone might experience with a heart attack minus the actual chest pain. Once it kicks in she is unable to control the flight instinct and has to get out of the situation. They typically last between 30 and 60 seconds.

thank you for explaining. it don't sound like me. i have a weak muscles, tiredness and lightheadedness thing going on. i can go in and out of the store ok but if we wander around up and down the store to long i get tired. i'm pretty much always lightheaded. to solve it, i drive the old people carts in the store when shopping. trouble is most people that drive them are really old or disabled and nobody wants to drag race. LOL....
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking into this last month. Because i have depression due to fatigue=sleep Apnea.
I also suffer from panic disorder.
If im gasping for breath while in a half awake subconcious mode. And im scared. And panicing. But dont remember. I could see how that could buried though can make its way into your awaken thoughts.

Anyone agree with, or relate to it?

~
CHADDY~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 244 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 353 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 293 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 565 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.