Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help changing pressure
need help changing pressure
I have a philips respironics system one remstar plus c- flex. I have requested
the setup manual from the board, but am afriad I won't get it in time for
tonight. Does anyone know how to adjust the pressure on my machine?
Thanks for reading.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help changing pressure
From http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Philips-Respironics PR System One (REMstar Auto, REMstar DS150, BiPAP ST, BiPAP AVAPS, BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex, BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex, REMstar Pro with C-Flex & REMstar Plus): For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here. http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Supply power to the device: first, plug the socket end of the AC power cord into the power supply. Then plug the pronged end of the AC power cord into an electrical outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch. Finally, plug the power supply cord's connector into the power inlet on the back of the device. Once the device is powered, the home screen appears (it is a large box on the screen with four little boxes you can select by turning the control wheel). Turn the wheel to toggle between the 4 options and highlight "setup". Once setup is highlighted press and hold both the control wheel and ramp button on the device for at least 5 seconds. You will hear a double beep and the provider mode screen will appear. Also, you should remove the smart card prior to making adjustments, otherwise it will revert to the previous settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you. I wasn't holding the buttons long enough to hear
the beep. I am all set.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Question is - I have changed my pressure. I go to see the doctor
on friday. My plan is to be up front with her on my existing (revised)
pressure. (I have a brick so she wouldnt know unless I mention
it. ) Advice?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what the doc will say, but my first question would be how did you know that you needed to change the pressure with that machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a data apap machine on loan for about 10 days. Based on the data - My average pressure with that machine

was 16 and my ramp pressure ended up to be 11. (My original cpap prescription is
set at 12, ramp pressure 8.
based on my sleep study in 2010.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
If you give the doc that info she'll probably be fine with the change. She should at very least not be upset about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
See what your numbers are between now and then. That's the only thing your Doc should be concerned with. Print the report out from Sleepyhead to take with you. Most docs these days are very much into patients that take part in their wellness, and that's what you're doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 10:15 AM)retired_guy Wrote: See what your numbers are between now and then. That's the only thing your Doc should be concerned with. Print the report out from Sleepyhead to take with you. Most docs these days are very much into patients that take part in their wellness, and that's what you're doing.

There will be no new data. I have a Brick. When I do see her I will get a prescription for an S9 Auto for Her. I can't wait!
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 08:42 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: I don't know what the doc will say, but my first question would be how did you know that you needed to change the pressure with that machine?

Could you tell me how to change the REMstar s e pressure? I have been trying but It's all french to me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 299 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 501 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 368 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 360 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 470 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,321 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 487 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.