Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member & Cpap user.
RE: New member & Cpap user.
Welcome to the forum Jose1966. I had a transmitter also for the compliance period and returned it at the end of 3 months. They should not have taken the SD card. That should remain with the machine. You can get an SD card to put in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 07:32 AM)Jose1966 Wrote: I am a new member as of today but I have been using a CPAP for a long time.
I have a ResMed S9 and am going to Peru with altitudes over 10,000 feet at times. Do I change the pressure with higher altitude?

When I got the machine the dealer had installed a memory chip and a wireless transmitter. I had to return them after a few months but I still get delays with the message: "reading SD card." Is there a way to avoid the delays with reading an SD card which I no longer have?

I have had difficulties sleeping in the last week but I assume that it is caused by tree pollen which is high at this time. I usually do not have allergy problems.

How do I get the ResMed S9 to evaluate my sleep quality?

Hi Jose1966,
Welcome to the forum. I am relatively new to CPAP, ao I can't address all your questions, but I'll throw in my 2cents.

1) An SD card comes standard with the ResMed S9 series machines. The card should have been returned to you, and if it were me, I would have asked for it back. I would go to Amazon or some such and purchase a replacement SD card (or several). The ResMed machines use a "Standard" SD card, 2GB capacity. Some folk have tried some of the more recent, hightr-capacity SD cards, with mixed results, so I would avoid those. SanDisk still has these 2GB available, and when I purchased some spares in January, they were lss than $10 each. The recurring message about Reading SD card is puzzling if there is not one in the machine, but hopefully it will go away when there is a real card inserted.

2) It would help people to help you if you fill in more of your profile, such as the exact model of your machine, etc.

3) The S9 cannot by itself evaluate your quality of sleep. For that, you need a data-capable machine (which you may or may not have), and you will need to pull the SD card periodically, and download the data into software to view the results. The most common software in use with the ResMed machines are ResScan from ResMed, and Sleepyhead, which is open-source. I have both, but prefer Sleepyhead. ResScan is only available for Microsoft Windows, but Sleepyhead is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

4) The data will likely be confusing at first, but if you have questions, there is plenty of help available on this forum.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 07:32 AM)Jose1966 Wrote: How do I get the ResMed S9 to evaluate my sleep quality?
Depend on the model, model name printed next to on/off button
AutoSet and Elite are data capable machines providing 'Sleep Quality' set to 'ON' in the clinical menu otherwise only reports usage hours if set to 'Usage'. As for altitude: operating altitude sea level to 8,500 ft (2,591 m)
There is a thread somewhere where some braintrust work it out by much adjustment above 8500 ft

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
Whenever you put SD card in the machine, the machine write compliance/therapy data on the card up to 365 days. Detailed data written directly on the card (not stored by the machine) and lost if the card was not stuck in the machine. The SD card store 365 days of therapy/compliance data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data., but yet again depend on the model of the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
My homecare agency gave me a sd card also she said to return it to her in 30 days. Is the compliance period for the insurance company? & after the period do I need to have a card in there to save my data or will it be fine without one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2014, 12:27 AM)mstiff027 Wrote: My homecare agency gave me a sd card also she said to return it to her in 30 days. Is the compliance period for the insurance company? & after the period do I need to have a card in there to save my data or will it be fine without one?
You might want to download the data on your computer so you keep record of the data for yourself before sending the card
No won't affect anything, the data stay on the card

Get yourself a new SD card, whenever you put the card in the machine, the machine write therapy/compliance data on the card up to 365 days. Detailed data written directly on the card (important to keep the card in the machine, otherwise detailed data is lost)
The card store 365 days of therapy/compliance data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of flow data
SleepyHead and ResScan software download links
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 07:32 AM)Jose1966 Wrote: I am a new member as of today but I have been using a CPAP for a long time.
I have a ResMed S9 and am going to Peru with altitudes over 10,000 feet at times. Do I change the pressure with higher altitude?

When I got the machine the dealer had installed a memory chip and a wireless transmitter. I had to return them after a few months but I still get delays with the message: "reading SD card." Is there a way to avoid the delays with reading an SD card which I no longer have?

I have had difficulties sleeping in the last week but I assume that it is caused by tree pollen which is high at this time. I usually do not have allergy problems.

How do I get the ResMed S9 to evaluate my sleep quality?
Hi Jose1966,
WELCOME! to the forum.
I hope you have a safe trip and a nice time in Peru.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 360 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 135 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,473 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,035 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.