Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Envy
RE: AHI Envy
I am allowed two pillows a month but only use one a month. I guage changing mine partially on my AHI creeping up but there are other factors that go along with changing too. I don't worry unless AHI is consistently close to 5 or over for a few nights. My AHI jumps all around from being 1.7 two nights ago to 4.0 last night. That is typical for me but it is rare to go over 5. I have never had 0 and only below 1 four or five times in the five months I have been on therapy. I agree you probably need to be on therapy longer to make a judgment. Other signs for me when it is time to change is when I can't get the pillows adjusted and feeling right. They get flimsy and don't hold their shape and I spend a lot of time fidgeting and trying to find the right adjustment. Also when they cause little abbrasions on my nose. That may happen when I am continually messing with them trying to make them feel right. Last time I finally got up after a few hours of struggling and changed them. I was trying to force another week out of them because it wasn't quite a month according to the calendar. That is probably a mistake to get caught up on being too exact with time as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you IMA. Very helpful.

"On my summary statistics I just noticed Apnea 0. Does this mean that even though I had Obstuctive and Central Events there was no time when I stopped breathing? "

I jsut figured it out. This number is "unspecified apneas". Now it is making sense.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
It takes time to understand everything. Last night my AHI was 4.7. That is high for my liking but just one night and not over 5. Last time it got to be around this range .... it dropped just as quickly the next night under 2 and fluctuated into the 3 range for a couple weeks. I don't know why it fluctuates as it does. I am hoping to get a laptop soon so I can look at things more closely with SleepyHead. I have an old clunker desktop that is very slow and I just don't want to use it unless I have to. It frustrates me. It also has Windows XP which is no longer going to be supported. Time to move on to something better. I have been getting by with my iPad at home and just use the computer to sync things and print. I have decided generally what I want in a laptop and hoping to get to a store this weekend to look at them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ima, Sounds just what I am experiencing. last night my ahi was 4.5
when I saw that this morning I thought oh boy another fuzzy day like yesterday.
But, I am actually pretty coherent today. Yesterday my ahi was lower ( 3.5) and I just wanted to crawl back into bed. I FINALLY became coherent after lunch.

I thought my fuzzy days were over.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chart Envy Technopauper 161 22,107 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.