Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Alarms on the ResMed S9
Alarms on the ResMed S9
I have a strange problem with my ResMed VPAP S9. After working normally for about a year it suddenly has started alarming at odd times a night. Some nights it's quiet but at least every few nights it wakes me up at least five times with a beeping noise. Usually if I touch the machine it stops alarming. I am never awake enough (or have my glasses on) to be able to read the screen to see what might be causing the alarm. I originally blamed the beeping on my cell phone and then my Timex watch alarm, but after banning both from my bedroom I discovered it was my machine beeping. I need to fix this soon as the sleep I am loosing is affecting my job. Almost as bad as not having a machine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarms on the ResMed S9
check to see if you have an alarm set that tells you if you are having leaks. I don't know if that is the answer since you said when you touch the machine, the alarm stops.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn off leak alert

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2014, 08:16 PM)Catianna Wrote: I have a strange problem with my ResMed VPAP S9. After working normally for about a year it suddenly has started alarming at odd times a night. Some nights it's quiet but at least every few nights it wakes me up at least five times with a beeping noise. Usually if I touch the machine it stops alarming. I am never awake enough (or have my glasses on) to be able to read the screen to see what might be causing the alarm. I originally blamed the beeping on my cell phone and then my Timex watch alarm, but after banning both from my bedroom I discovered it was my machine beeping. I need to fix this soon as the sleep I am loosing is affecting my job. Almost as bad as not having a machine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi Catianna, welcome to the forum. This sounds like the leak alert, which can be set to come on when you have leaks exceeding a certain threshold (>40 L/min for >20 seconds). If you fix the leak (eg by re-settling the mask on your face) then the alarm will stop beeping.

Alternatively, you can turn it off from the clinical setup menu. To access that menu, press and hold the push dial and setup menu button together for about five seconds. The clinical setup menu will open. Navigate to "Options", then to "Leak alert".

I don't know why this would just start happening - it either needs to be turned on, or else you have suddenly started getting serious leaks for some reason.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Catianna,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 409 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Trilogy evo alarms Laurk 6 514 01-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night LookingForward 1 989 01-12-2021, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Should XPAPs Have Built In Alarms? player 3 2,054 07-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex + Alarms & shuttingdown shadybiz11 6 5,333 06-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Last Post: shadybiz11
  Alarms on machines for the deaf goodonya 4 2,485 01-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: goodonya

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.