Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 - The autostop has stopped working?
ResMed S9 - The autostop has stopped working?
For about a week now I have had to reach over and push the power button to stop my S9 in the mornings. It is still set on auto start/stop. The auto start works fine. Any ideas.Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 - The autostop has stopped working?
(04-18-2014, 06:50 PM)Jack Mason Wrote: It is still set on auto start/stop.
Start/Stop is the button to turn on/off the machine
If you mean 'SmartStart' then if set to 'ON' would works both ways, will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and will stop automatically you take the mask off

SmartStart does not works with nasal pillows masks at pressure below7 and when S9 first came out
SmartStart was not available with full face masks

Edit: are you using ResMed mask and mask type set correctly (Full Face for full face mask)
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, My machine is a S9 autoset it is about 2 years old I have always used the Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask. I down loaded the SD card yesterday and it looks like the pressure was about 9psi when I woke up. I had to touch the power button to shut the unit down. I downloaded the card again this morning and there was no data on the card. I had not downloaded the card since last October. I guess I have been taking my machine for granted. There was only data on the card for the last two months. Is there a time period where it deletes old data?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2014, 03:23 PM)Jack Mason Wrote: There was only data on the card for the last two months. Is there a time period where it deletes old data?
Answer: http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Whenever you put the card in the machine, the machine write therapy and compliance data on the card up to 365 days

Detailed data written directly on the card (not stored inside the machine) and get lost forever if the card was not inside the machine
The S9 SD card stores 365 days of therapy and compliance data, 30 days of detailed data, and 7 days of flow data

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I was not aware that the AutoSet turned itself off for you. On my Escape I just have to roll over and press the button off.

If I get up for a minute in the middle of the night, I just take off the mask and leave it on my bed blowing while I run out and back in to the bedroom so as I don't have to start it over and go through the ramp process again......just put it back on and back to sleep i go less than 10 seconds later.
But in the morning, yes, just reach over and turn it off.
But I was not aware that the Auto Set did that for you.....

Boy aren't you Auto Set people spoiled!!! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2014, 07:56 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 06:50 PM)Jack Mason Wrote: It is still set on auto start/stop.
Start/Stop is the button to turn on/off the machine
If you mean 'SmartStart' then if set to 'ON' would works both ways, will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and will stop automatically you take the mask off

SmartStart does not works with nasal pillows masks at pressure below7 and when S9 first came out
SmartStart was not available with full face masks

Edit: are you using ResMed mask and mask type set correctly (Full Face for full face mask)

I'm using a Pillairo Q nasal pillow mask with my pressure set to 6 on my S9 AutoSet and the SmartStart works at that pressure. I love this feature. Too-happy-2

You do have to give the machine a few seconds to turn off. I think it waits to see if you are going to reattach the hose. Once it is sure you are not going to start breathing through it again it will turn off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2014, 08:07 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Interesting. I was not aware that the AutoSet turned itself off for you. On my Escape I just have to roll over and press the button off.

Even on the AutoSet, the autostart can be enabled or disabled. It might be there on the Escape, but I'm not sure.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 572 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.