Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card
SD Card
The SD card in my CPAP machine is too big for any of my computers. I was told by my doctor about sleepmapper.com. Cannot use it now, however, because the card is too big. What is the way around it? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card
You need to purchase a sdcard to usb converter. They are little devices that sell for $10 or so at your friendly camera departments everywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 09:38 PM)Christopher Holmes Wrote: The SD card in my CPAP machine is too big for any of my computers. I was told by my doctor about sleepmapper.com. Cannot use it now, however, because the card is too big. What is the way around it? Thanks

Hi Christopher,
What type of computer do you have, and what OS does it run. In most cases, if the machine does not have an SD reader built-in (as do most laptops), you can find an external card reader that attaches via USB. Some of these can have multiple slots for a variety of card formats.

BTW, it will be easier for people here to help you more if you can fill in your profile with more specifics, especially regarding your machine, mask, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Christopher,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean big in terms of number of bytes? (Or physical size too big?)
The ResMed SD card is normally a 2GB speed class 2 SD card.

Some larger capacity cards or higher speed class cards cannot be read in older readers.
It's in the electronics of the reader -- it has to convert from USB to the SD card pinout.
I have run into this with SDHC. My older Sandisk reader can read my ResMed SD card; but it cannot read my SDHC cards.
I have a later model for that.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
User profile shows System One humidifier and System One machines uses SD card as shown here
[Image: SD_memory.jpg]

If this correct, the SD card should goes in the SD card slot otherwise the machine is not System One, please select the machine from the picture
[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 09:38 PM)Christopher Holmes Wrote: The SD card in my CPAP machine is too big for any of my computers. I was told by my doctor about sleepmapper.com. Cannot use it now, however, because the card is too big. What is the way around it? Thanks

This is one example of what I had in mind that you will need to purchase. Don't pay more than about $10 for one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or this:
[Image: 21G7JNOQi%2BL._AA160_.jpg]
I use one of these.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you have an older model that uses a smart card. Look on the bottom of the unit and see what the model number is?

If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about trying to get a reader until you upgrade the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.