Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
RE: AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
(04-29-2016, 02:00 PM)Peter_C Wrote: By-the-by?

In case no one has mentioned it before? One 'clue' to *not* getting good therapy is moving around a lot at night. Unless you have some other condition causing issues (like I have pain issues that tends to cause me to shift my legs often), if you are getting 'great' therapy at night, one sure sign is hardy moving at all - like your bed looking as if it had hardly been slept in? Just food for thought...

Well, yup, and at the moment at about 4 weeks into this my AHI on any given night can vary from 6.5 to 35. So, yeah, I am still floppy around.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit F10 versus Quattro Air
I have been using a ResMed Quattro Fx for about 2 years and have just changed over to a ResMed AirFit F10. It is far superior as far as I am concerned. The seal is much better. In my case the Quattro Fx kept blowing air into my eyes. With the new mask this never happens. Also, the air diffusing is so much better. With the Quattro Fx, I could never turn to face my wife as the air from the mask would blow continuously in her face. With the new one, it is efficiently dispersed - still a little cold around the vent but much better than previously. The straps on the AirFit are better too. While there is a downside in that you pretty much need to hook the straps onto the side of the mask, the upside is that the straps aren't interfering with my ears. The Quattro Fx used to dig in a bit at the junction of my ear and my head. Finally, it does seem to be quieter. There is a faint hissing noise around the vent but it is nowhere near as load as the funnel of air coming from the Quattro Fx.

Hope this helps someone!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,630 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,628 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,501 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,934 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,281 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.