Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding Sleepyhead data
Understanding Sleepyhead data
I can find the glossary of ResMed terms that explain what "flow limitation" and "tidal volume" mean, but I still can't make much sense out of all that data from Sleepyhead. Is there anywhere that shows what ranges of all those terms are considered "good" or just what I should be looking for in all those measurements?
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Sleepyhead data
This video was one of the most helpful for me when starting out with sleepyhead:

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, kderevan,
It took me months to get brave enough to download Sleepyhead and try to figure out what was going on. Congrats on taking a closer look at what's going on while you are sleeping and asking for help.

Thanks, SnuffySleeper for this video!

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that video link!
Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's great that you want to learn everything about the data.

Keep that up -- and also realize you can make sense of your therapy with about 20% of the information so learning all the details does not need to get in the way of your taking charge and understanding your treatment data.

Mostly you care about the AHI, the Events, the Pressure, the Leak, and the Flow Rate.

However, the Leak is mostly about the MEDIAN and the 95% value or maybe the area around some event or other artifact you are trying to decypher on rare occasions.

For the Flow Rate you most look at the CHANGES in the flow rate graph around an EVENT (by dragging over the even in SleepyHead to magnify that area is easiest -- you can also use cursor keys.)

Understanding the "numbers" is fine, but it is mostly about either the cessation of breathing (which is pretty obvious) or the relative reduction which is easiest to see visually (as opposed to mathematically.)

I am not discounting the math or exact technical definitions, just pointing out that you can go a long way to a useful understanding without worrying about those details.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 812 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 820 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 582 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.