Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help- bags under my eyes
help- bags under my eyes
Love my f&p simplus , but wake up looking hideous. Right above where the mask hits
my face it is bag city. I am now using pad a cheek, not any better. Got to keep it snug to
control leaks. Back to the drawing board...Any ideas??? MAYBE UP MY HUMIDITY?? It
is set at 3.5.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help- bags under my eyes
I tend to to get that too. Couple things I've tried that may help:

1. Rotate to a different type of mask that doesn't hit in the exact same spot every night. Varying the points of contact on the skin helps to some degree. Be careful that you're not over-tightening your mask. That's a common mistake. Most masks aren't designed to be "smooshed" onto your face, but rather "float" on top of the skin.

2. I use Grapeseed Oil (not 'rapeseed', which is Canola Oil) on my face to help my dry skin. Some use Olive Oil. Smather it all over my face and rub it in just before bedtime, especially on the baggy part under my eyes. Actually the rubbing helps to get the circulation going in the skin and helps also. The oil gets the mask a bit oily at times, but I just wash that off when needed.

Takes some time, but those two things have helped me from looking like a ghoul in the morning.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 02:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Be careful that you're not over-tightening your mask. That's a common mistake. Most masks aren't designed to be "smooshed" onto your face, but rather "float" on top of the skin.

Coffee

readyforsleep's pressure, from what I can see, runs up near 20 much of the time. For those of us with high pressure it is often necessary to "smoosh" the mask onto our face when putting it on so that it will "float" on top of the skin when the pressure is 20. Float like a butterfly; smoosh like a bee.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
readyforsleep, I get the bags too, I'm a male and 51 and can't really be bothered worrying about them. I am so much better than before CPAP, so are willing to trade off a bit. I looked so much worse when I was only getting 1 -2 hours sleep per night Smile I have a theory but would loved some medical advice from DocWills, because our eyes, ears, nose and throats are pretty much connected, I assume the pressure from the CPAP is basically blowing up our sinuses and creating those bags. Why it happens to some and not others I have no idea and maybe it's more revelant to CPAP users that use full face masks. My pressures aren't that high 5 - 15 and 95% of the time around 10 and my mask is loose, I get a fair bit of leaks but my AHI is still low and I'm comfortable with them. Another thing could be our sleep position, most of the time I am sleeping on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eyes Duncansleeps 17 2,181 04-15-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,124 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 963 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 542 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 816 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy dry eyes thepiecesfit 7 1,515 09-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: walt48
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 8,051 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.