Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask
Nasal mask
hi guys got a Nasal mask yesterday as i breath through my nose when asleep i have been using a full face mask for 3months but keep getting a dry mouth,so i got home with it popped it on and found it very hard to breath though my nose it was as if i was fighting against the air in the end i put my face mask back on,could any one give some advice very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal mask
(05-22-2014, 06:38 AM)lovey Wrote: hi guys got a Nasal mask yesterday as i breath through my nose when asleep i have been using a full face mask for 3months but keep getting a dry mouth,so i got home with it popped it on and found it very hard to breath though my nose it was as if i was fighting against the air in the end i put my face mask back on,could any one give some advice very much appreciated.

Hi Lovey,
I have used a Mirage nasal mask since my titration almost five years ago, and have found that it is very positional on my nose. If it's too far up toward the eyes, it will tend to leak and if too high up on the bridge it is harder to breathe. After I put it on I always have to wiggle it around a bit to find that "sweet spot" and then usually have an easy time breathing and very few leaks. Oh, and be aware that if the mask is too small or too large will cause no end of breathing issues. BTW, I use a medium mask and I'm 6' tall and just a wee bit heavier than is correct for me. Size of body has no bearing on size of mask.
Hope this helps, and I'm sure that others will chime in with their experiences as well.
Rycharde
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for your reply and advice Rycharde i will have a play again later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lovey, did you remember to tell the Resmed S9 that you are now using a nasal mask instead of a full-face?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 10:54 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Lovey, did you remember to tell the Resmed S9 that you are now using a nasal mask instead of a full-face?

did that Thanks lol see if that works know Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your leak rate with the FFM ?? What was your humidity set at ??
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that a little vick's vapor rub on the tip of the nose&bottom of nose help's me big time.It seem's to relax me&I can get 6-7 hour's straight sleep.I also turn my temp up to max when I'm a little stuffy.That&Vick's help's me alot.
Also found that I do better cutting the ramp off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,229 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 394 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.