Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FOR GABBY, DID YOU POST A PHOTO?
RE: FOR GABBY, DID YOU POST A PHOTO?
(05-24-2014, 07:26 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: Thanks Gabby. I think what I am going to do it take the straps off my discarded nano and attach them onto the P10 somehow, that will make it adjustable at all times, I figure, I got nothing to lose, it's not working for me anyway. I love it, but it's just to darn big.

Good Luck Marnid, it's been too long now, you trying to get this to work for you.
It is a ridiculous design for the head gear, they are going to have to do something, as they have the pillows and the vents worked out but 2 out of 3 doesn't cut it these days, especially when you think of the money they cost.
Good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, how to post an image as attachment (for CPAP related stuff, which this would be):
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

for other images (non-CPAP stuff):
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2014, 07:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Gabby, how to post an image as attachment (for CPAP related stuff, which this would be):
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

for other images (non-CPAP stuff):
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image

Thanks Paula!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
After checking out many posts, it seems the P10 is something I would like to try. I'm just starting out, so this will be my first experience of a mask. I don't mind refitting to adjust. But, from the images of the mask, I though the straps were made of rubber, not cloth? Did I get this right? In that case sewing does not seem to make sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the straps are elasticized, cloth-like material. Sort of like flat rolled bra straps (i.e., the straps are smooth tubes pressed flat I believe.)

It's NOT rubber or straight plastic, but feels like cloth. It is elastic.

Supposedly they will shrink if washed in hot water but without measuring I am unsure this is substantial. My 4 month old P10 is stretched slightly. Still works fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have it marginally tighter.

Although, since I get no significant leaks and my AHI is good, it really doesn't matter in my case.

One thing the strap being a little loose has taught me: You don't need the straps as tight as you might guess. I would certainly be tightening them a little more if this was my first night and they were adjustable.

The mask just doesn't NEED to be very tight.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Herb, just want to say here, where the pillows connect on to the head gear, they do join on to some hard plastic or rubber until they reach your ears and then it stops and changes to elasticised cloth. Maybe that was what 'Visitor' was referring to?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, to be clear:

There are plastic (likely) stiffeners from the base, but they are covered by that elastic cloth that becomes the headband when the stiffeners end, somewhere just about the cheekbones or ears.

I believe the headband to be a (flattened) tube which is fitted over the stiffereners.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 153 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,975 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,830 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 171 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 271 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,116 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.