Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jaycee-questions on mold
RE: Jaycee-questions on mold
I appreciate your reply. However this is also what I do for a living air quality control. The interior ventricle veins in the valute can collect dust human dander which serve elements of proteins to support this. Because of the cartridge filters and the way the devices made. It's very crude. I've witnessed it first-hand because I took my machine apart I can provide you pictures and documentation I am contacting the manufacturer I'm contacting the medical supply Center that recently deemed the device ready and usable I have been home bedridden for over a week and several weeks before that. My machine is 5 years old you being Who You Are should know regardless the environment or whatever devices subject to there is a place in that machine for it to Harbor bacteria and viruses. I'm not going to argue it period facts are facts. People are delusional to think that the fibers filter which in fact the inlet to the pump isn't even seal properly where it condensates and can create this inviroments. also these devices develop electronic issues due to the humidity inside the machine. That's what this post is for for information because I know I'm not the only one out there that keeps going over respiratory infections I just recently changed the hose and the face mask 2 weeks ago. I've taken swabs and sending into the laboratory for analysis. You people don't seem to understand just how much air passes through that machine and how much air you actually do not use and over time it doesn't take much but something lurking in the air.The good of the machine outweighs the bad but there are things that need to be done in general a simple UV light when the machines not in use! Hvac the UV light kills 99.9% of all mold spores and viruses when the unit is off it keeps the inside of a plenum and the coils of the AC unit clean the manufacturers have taken a shortcut yes keeping your hoses your mask is going to help period but my problems not working in my mask a problem is in a five-year-old machine that the caregiver that monitors my machine services my machine isnt doing their job. I can guarantee you that if you disassemble a BiPAP CPAP machine that is heavy use you will find contaminants in that machine. Air Inlet and filtering system is not a decisive filter. My particular machine you can place your thumb over the inlet and the output set for 10 will drop the 7 where is he getting the air I've got the inlet blocked. It's a poor design and I'm giving this waring again because People need to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would appreciate seeing your photos. Perhaps you can post them on line and provide a link. I doubt if many of us have seen the inside of a CPAP machine. Also, please share the results of the samples you are sending to the lab. I'm sure they will find some microorganisms. It will be interesting to know in what numbers and what species are found. I'm curious. What type of sterile swab and sample collection system did you use.

UV light is very effective against microorganisms but I'm having trouble understanding how it could be used in a CPAP machine. It cannot kill organisms on surfaces that are shaded by other interior parts. It would not be effective in the air pathway to kill organisms in the moving air stream. The exposure time would be too short.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hygiena Super Snap High Sensitivity ATP Surface Testing Swabs. We used in the HVAC industry testing for mold inside air conditioning heating equipment. The UV light method is used all over the industry ice cream makers ice machines. Walk-in coolers. Clothes dryers. A simple UV light with reflective prisms bombards the compartment. The UV light only sterilizes that area when the unit is at rest it's not meant to sterilize passing oxygen that would be too short of a term. But it does sanitize the boot of the pump in the impeller veins. The manufactures know of this process but I guess it's too expensive to implement and its application. I have a real concern that I just picked up my device from my medical provider and it was said to be an operational condition. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures period I will get more to you later. Do you want to provide an email address somehow if I can't send pictures on here. I can do that period period period period I was quite shocked with the amount of dirt and scum what was inside the pump housing which was in a protected medical grade enclosure period it was obviously fit hot and cold contraction from the device from room temperature and temperature swings causes condensation inside these devices whether it's a lot or miniscule it is a breeding ground left unaddressed. And I agree the surrounding conditions can have an adverse effect on what enters your device. And because I have investigated the inside of this device and saw how crude the filtration system is it's no wonder more people out here are not getting sick. Something needs to be changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought you had taken swabs to be cultured. The limitation of the ATP method is that it detects all living cells, bacteria, molds, yeasts, algae, mites, etc, and does not provide any type of identification to determine if they are pathogens. As I stated previously, most of the microorganisms in our environments are not pathogenic and we probably inhale more of them when not using CPAP then while using it. If they were a risk, we would all be sick just from normal breathing during the day.

It’s unfortunate that you have suffered recent respiratory illness but don’t understand why you are sure it’s caused by your CPAP, when there could be many other causes, especially exposure to someone with the same illness.

There are online photo sharing sites such as photobucket where you can post your pictures. You could then post the links in this forum so everyone could see them. I’m sure there would be a fair amount of interest.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
No givin the name of the Medical  supply business. I am going to sue them. I have doc invoices where this device was just serviced. And to find appalling conditions of the device are not acceptable I've said too much and will close with this! The manufacturers need to rethink an engineer their designs regardless whether you say they say you're not having issues when the issues are obviously present and life-threatening no I did not pick up my illness from anybody else. My new machine just arrived at 8 a.m. I'll keep you all updated as to litigation. Be safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck brother! I hope you have a great lawyer and deep pockets. ResMed is a $6.9 billion international company. I'm sure they do.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 761 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  [CPAP] Mold Inside CPAP Machine jimc77 11 3,790 01-06-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.