Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
Hello all,

it would be very nice if somone could help me to get into the Clinician Mode for my ResMed Magellan to customize the settings.
I tried some button press methods from other ResMed units but without success. What else can i try?

Thank you so far!

Best regards
airframe

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
This thread can be closed because this one worked too for my ResMed Magellan if someone needs in future:
ResMed Moritz S & ST BiPAP Machine - Clinician Setup Instructions
here in forum.

Thank you

Best regards
airframe
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Airframe, welcome to ApneaBoard. Glad you found what you're looking for.

I'm not familiar with the Magellan - can you tell us something about it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi airframe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you found out how to set your machine. I'm not familiar with that model, I assume that it's an older one?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

i´m using this device for my flight simulator homepit which i am building.
Bought it used and now trying to reduce the airflow because it is to strong for me and my flightmask.
I know this sounds stupid... ;-)

Thank you all for interest!

Best regards from Germany
airframe

Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of device is the Magellan? It sort of looks like a sleep lab device. Is it a newer model or an older model?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really can´t tell if if it is a newer or an older model. It looks like the ResMed Moritz, thats all i can say.
In Clinician Setup i have set everything to the lowest pressure parameters but it seems that noting really changes.
Maybe someone can give me a hint to lower the pressure in some other way.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found a few online sources - it's an APAP made by ResMed Germany and looks like hospital-grade gear. It weighs 4kg(!). The pages I've seen are dated between 2002 and 2012 so the Magellan has obviously been in production for a long time.

[Image: tc050885.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2014, 04:47 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I've found a few online sources - it's an APAP made by ResMed Germany and looks like hospital-grade gear. It weighs 4kg(!). The pages I've seen are dated between 2002 and 2012 so the Magellan has obviously been in production for a long time.

It also looks like it might have been from some company (I-MAP?) they acquired.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello
I`m new to this theme. Do to the fact that I have to pay everything on my own, I’ll find my own way to the right device without sleep laboratory.
I got me a used Magellan IPAP. Found already the clinician mode.
Asked RESMED for a user manual and got one within 24 hours – great service.
What I found before I bought:
…[GERMAN] Darstellung der Atemflusskurve auf der Fernbedienung (Twister Remote)
- Anschluss für Signalanschluss minni MAX nCPAP zur Übertragung des analogen Druck- und Flow-Signals an Polysomnographiegeräte
- Datenspeicher zur externen Analyse der letzten Nacht und aller Ereignisse der letzten 160 Tage mit LOGSOFT Software
..[Google- Translate] Representation of the respiratory flow curve on the remote control (Twister Remote)
- Connection for signal connection minni MAX nCPAP for the transmission of analogue pressure and flow signal to polysomnographs
- Data storage to external analysis of last night and all the events of the past 160 days LOGSOFT Software
---------------------------
I thought there is a serial connector RS232 at the device. The seller told he will add a CD with the package. But on the the CD is only a video tutorial how to use the mask. And the connector is D-Sub 15 pin (not 9-pin RS232) . Looks the same a the connector for the monitor.

Q.: is there any chance to read the analysis data? Is there a downloadlink for the Logsoft Software?
Best read and store the data, that SleepyHead or Resscan can interpret the data?

many thanks for this board at all
best regards
Bernd from Germany
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 71 78,818 03-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 256 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 251 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 689 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.