Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] error code e-23
Angry 
error code e-23
HELP!!! I have a REMstar Pro with C-Flex and a RP-REM Heated Humid Dom Humidifier. I am getting this code e-23 and don't know how or if it can be reset. Should I open it and fix it or is it the electronic board ?? I have no insurance and have been out of work for 4 years and am going to school so if I have to get another, I'm screwed.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: error code e-23
According to an older post, code E-23 is:

Quote:E-23 ERR_INVALID_DRIFT_INDEX_AT_CAL •Improper calibration •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective flow sensor •Recalibrate •Replace pressure tube •Replace Main PCA

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2012, 10:11 PM)rollsroyce Wrote: HELP!!! I have a REMstar Pro with C-Flex and a RP-REM Heated Humid Dom Humidifier. I am getting this code e-23 and don't know how or if it can be reset. Should I open it and fix it or is it the electronic board ?? I have no insurance and have been out of work for 4 years and am going to school so if I have to get another, I'm screwed.
Thanks

You may find help in this thread

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, take a look that the thread that Jumpstart listed. Most likely, on these older REMstar machines what's happening is that the small rubber tubing inside the machine (see the pictures in that thread) are becoming old and brittle, and they will develop a leak.

Check out this from a previous thread:
Quote:Sleepster offered a good solution and sometimes completely un-plugging and re-starting the machine will help... however if it doesn't help, look at zonk's solution.

Go to the link zonk suggested-- take a look at that full thread (here) and you see further down instructions for taking apart an old REMstar like the one you have.

Most likely is that one of the small rubber hoses (seen in the picture below) has either come loose or grown brittle and has cracked with age, creating a small leak, which will cause this error message.

The solution is either to re-attach the rubber hose, or if it's bad, somehow find a rubber hose of the same internal diameter and replace the bad one. Have no clue where you might find a small length of that type of hose local to you, but I've gotten similar hosing via a local hardware store in my city (Ace Hardware). If it's cracked just on one end, you might have enough length already there to cut a few millimetres off one end and re-attach it so that the cracked end is no longer used.

Here's a pic where you can clearly see the small sensor hoses:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26]

NOTE: If you replace or fix the hose, afterwards you may need to re-set the circuit board so it doesn't continuously give the error message. In some cases this is as simple as resetting via a jumper on the motherboard. Although a CPAP motherboard is not exactly like a personal computer motherboard, the concepts of re-setting the CMOS chip are similar. You can either take the small watch-style battery out for 24 hours and then put it back it, or do it quickly by using the board's CMOS-reset jumper pins. A video on how to do that here:

RESETTING A CMOS CHIP:

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 326 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,174 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 762 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 813 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.