Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Time Issues
ResMed Time Issues
Since daylight savings began, I've noticed my unit has an on again, off again problem where it calculates my AHI based on exactly two times the number of hours I've actually sleeped. That, and every now and then it figures I slept roughly 500+ hours per night. Yyyyyeah. Okay.

Anyone else have such a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Time Issues
Is this the machine reporting it or the software (rescan or sleepyhead) that is doing it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crippiter
B36, JumpStart, and Steven gave some suggestions about the S9 daylight saving in this thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght+saving

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2012, 10:22 PM)Crippiter Wrote: Since daylight savings began, I've noticed my unit has an on again, off again problem where it calculates my AHI based on exactly two times the number of hours I've actually sleeped. That, and every now and then it figures I slept roughly 500+ hours per night. Yyyyyeah. Okay.

Anyone else have such a problem?

This is a known bug, which JediMark is aware of, triggered by the DST change. There is a workaround to use until the bug is fixed.

Open SleepyHead, select Daily. In the bottom left panel (the one with the colors), with the tab of Details, scroll to the bottom. Under Session Information, you will see at least two different time periods, sometimes more, (eg,if you left your machine to go to the bathroom, etc., during the night). Look in the column denominated as On. Select the icon for the session or sessions which are not accurate in that column, and click to turn the right hand side (left is black) from green to red. This will remove that information from your statistics, and SleepyHead will work correctly.

Hope this helps.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Original Poster (Crippiter) doesn't use SleepyHead, Crippiter uses ResScan....

So, this is an issue due to a bug within the S9 firmware, I think (not due to a SleepyHead or ResScan bug), (I think).

From this thread, b360155 reported this:

(03-12-2012, 09:29 PM)b360155 Wrote: I have a ResMed S9 Autoset and use both ResScan and Sleepyhead software. My usage hours were off by an hour as far as start and stop times last night with both software and the clock did not change on my machine. Sleepyhead said I went to sleep last night at 9:41 PM and woke up this morning at 4:02 AM. ResScan said that I went to sleep last night at 9:41 PM and woke up this morning at 4:03 AM. In truth, I went to sleep at 10:41 PM and woke up at 5:03 AM. Interestingly, the summary graphs with both software show the same range of usage and same total usage hours. But on the detailed daily graphs, ResScan has a gap with no data showing up between 2:00 and 3:00 AM. Sleepyhead shows continuous data throughout the evening.

What I've read before in another forum is that with ResMed machines, you have to manually change your machine's clock if you want your graphs to show the correct start and stop times. If that's not important to you, then you can just leave it alone. Your graphs won't reflect the correct DST start and stop times but the data will still be good as far as total usage hours and the various data averages. One important thing that I read though is that if you change the clock time on your machine, there are 2 time "windows" when you should perform the time change otherwise you can mess up some of the machine's data calculations. The first window is one hour after you turn off the machine blower in the morning and 12:00 noon. The second window is after 1:00 PM and before you turn on the machine's blower that afternoon or evening. If you accidentally turn the machine's blower on, you should wait at least one hour before changing the time because the S9 continues to record data for up to an hour after you turn the machine off. I changed my time when I got home from work tonight before turning on the blower on the machine. Hopefully, my start and stop times this evening will record correctly. I followed the same procedure in the fall when "falling back" and everything worked out fine. Oh-jeez

One thing to note is that I believe that these procedures were for the ResMed S9 machines. I'm not sure if the same or similar steps are required for other ResMed or other brands of machines.Huh

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 3 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.