Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed new female-specific algorithm (fAPAP)
RE: ResMed new female-specific algorithm (fAPAP)
The PRS1 reports Reras and CAs also. And responds instantly to even one FL. Actually responds to only 1 FL where it will wait for two OAs in a specified time period. Though I too am no sure how useful flagging Reras is to the home user.

I guess im using a girlie machine in the PRS1 if FL response is the criteria LOL. Takes a heck of a man to wear pink, ride a Sporster "refered to by some as a girls Harley" or use a girlie cpap machine.

Glad im secure in my maleness or I might get a complex using a PRS1 LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 01:47 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The PRS1 reports Reras and CAs also. And responds instantly to even one FL. Actually responds to only 1 FL where it will wait for two OAs in a specified time period. Though I too am no sure how useful flagging Reras is to the home user.

I guess im using a girlie machine in the PRS1 if FL response is the criteria LOL. Takes a heck of a man to wear pink, ride a Sporster "refered to by some as a girls Harley" or use a girlie cpap machine.

Hmm, guess I need to sell my Harley Hawg. I have a FH (White w/flowers) and have to say, the FH mode is okay but I run it in the regular APAP mode. Which, btw does also report RERA's picked up by both SH and ResScan and is an item I value as a cardiac patient. I want my cardiologist to know what's happening more than my sleep doc.

"JC"
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 08:42 AM)jctampa Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 01:47 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The PRS1 reports Reras and CAs also. And responds instantly to even one FL. Actually responds to only 1 FL where it will wait for two OAs in a specified time period. Though I too am no sure how useful flagging Reras is to the home user.

Hmm, guess I need to sell my Harley Hawg. I have a FH (White w/flowers) and have to say, the FH mode is okay but I run it in the regular APAP mode. Which, btw does also report RERA's picked up by both SH and ResScan and is an item I value as a cardiac patient. I want my cardiologist to know what's happening more than my sleep doc.

"JC"

LOL yep Ive got ticker troubles also but vastly improved after Cpap.

Had/have Afib. Had ablation surgery. No joy with that Afib came back. Since they punctured my heart doing that I wasnt thrilled to let them back inside my heart again with pointy instruments of death in one hand and a cell phone in the other. ( Yep I was awake and saw and felt the whole fiasco).

Anyway my cardiologist probably wouldnt know what a RERA is. He just freaked out at my O2 going into the the low sixties every night.

Anyway I have a few RERAs on most nights. But AFib is gone after starting cpap, BP which was uncontrollable with meds for 19 yrs is normal with only one med now instead of uncontrolled with 4 different ones at a time.

I like the white flowers idea but I think ill paint mine on the black PRS1 in yellow with blue trim.Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Ghost,

I guess I could paint AS10FH to match my Hawg but black and orange might not suit the decorating scheme.(or maybe flowers on the Hawg? nah)

As for the RERA reporting, that was the reason I got the RMA10 FH, for that and CSR. I was worried at first that neither showed in SH reporting. Or at least they didn't show until the first night I had one or the other. After that the colored bars were present in "daily" and on the Event wave permanently. I was running in apap mode to compare with the results I had in FH when the first RERA showed up. I now run in apap as my standard, not needing the "comfort" of the FH mode but still maintaining full detail reporting.

I am now thoroughly convinced my PR60 aflex was defective. My numbers have improved across the board after switching to the RMA10FH. My conditions, including sleep time and wake up energy have improved as well.

Hopefully my bad machine was an exception and my FH is the norm for others too.

"JC"
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 04:02 PM)jctampa Wrote: Ghost,

I guess I could paint AS10FH to match my Hawg but black and orange might not suit the decorating scheme.(or maybe flowers on the Hawg? nah)

As for the RERA reporting, that was the reason I got the RMA10 FH, for that and CSR. I was worried at first that neither showed in SH reporting. Or at least they didn't show until the first night I had one or the other. After that the colored bars were present in "daily" and on the Event wave permanently. I was running in apap mode to compare with the results I had in FH when the first RERA showed up. I now run in apap as my standard, not needing the "comfort" of the FH mode but still maintaining full detail reporting.

I am now thoroughly convinced my PR60 aflex was defective. My numbers have improved across the board after switching to the RMA10FH. My conditions, including sleep time and wake up energy have improved as well.

Hopefully my bad machine was an exception and my FH is the norm for others too.

"JC"

Glad its working out for you Big Grin. From my limited reading it seems like some folks respond better to the Resmed autos algorithm while others the PR autos.

I let my PR machine suggest the min pressure using opti start which it said to raise to 9 with my max set at 16 though it seldom goes that high.

That way it doesnt need to climb as far to get up to steam and take care of things.

You may have had a bad machine or could be your just one of the folks that does better with the Resmed algorithm than the PR 60s.

Whatever works is what one is after in this game LOL.

Oh and on the Sportster thing. I used to have a 90 model 1200 with 4 speed tranny. Trust a straight thru ride from Ky to Houston TX on one will change the "girlie bike" opinion of even an iron butt rider LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 121 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 158 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Resmed Algorithm changes? BelgianWaffle 1 336 01-05-2024, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 636 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Periodic Breathing algorithm in OSCAR? hkr3 15 2,259 06-13-2022, 06:55 AM
Last Post: kappa
  What's the accumulated Apneaboard wisdom on the ForHer algorithm? cathyf 2 725 04-03-2022, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,941 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.