Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX headgear for P10
RE: Swift FX headgear for P10
Storywizard, sorry to hear you are having problems finding the right mask.
You sound like you are having the same problem most are with the P10, the headgear. The pillows are great and as you say the vents. If you want to persevere you will have to do your own handiwork on the headgear.
Do you find it too big or too small?
Either way, add a bit of elastic or take a bit out.
I had to make mine smaller as it was too big for me and now it's just right.
Sorry I couldn't offer any better advice.
Good Luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey gang, anyone have instructions on how to do this? I'd like to give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2014, 05:17 AM)Gabby Wrote: Storywizard, sorry to hear you are having problems finding the right mask.
You sound like you are having the same problem most are with the P10, the headgear. The pillows are great and as you say the vents. If you want to persevere you will have to do your own handiwork on the headgear.
Do you find it too big or too small?
Either way, add a bit of elastic or take a bit out.
I had to make mine smaller as it was too big for me and now it's just right.
Sorry I couldn't offer any better advice.
Good Luck.

I am going to order a P10 and the Swift headgear and give it a go...
Using the Nuance Pro at present, like the P10 pillows better, so worth a go...

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone had a any success adapting the Swift FX headgear to the Airfit P10?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kmar, I have tried this but I find it a bit clumsy.
My P10 tends to stretch and gets too big for me so I have to take it in on a regular basis.
Shame about the headgear because otherwise it's a great mask.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I really think my wife has the right solution for when it stretches. Cut it at the center, take out an inch or two and stitch in velcro on either side so you can make it bigger or smaller without adding any weight to it or making it too bulky. My gear has yet to stretch out but if someone has a P10 headgear they were going to toss let me know. Maybe I can help. I think it will work just fine. I also think it will be far easier than trying to get the headgear from a different mask to fit. But hey they do tell me I am crazy Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like that idea Galaticus! I will be trying that when my headgear stretches out too - I'm only 2 weeks in with this mask and love it so far.

How long has it taken for others to have it stretch out?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Galactus and Mrs Galactus. I shall give it a go next time I need to adjust.
My headgear was quite big within a couple of months but a lot of people have also found it to be the other way, too tight. Surely there cannot be that much of a difference in the size of all our heads!
Not sure what's going on with ResMed.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had mine about 6 weeks or more so far so good.

Ask RG and he'll tell you my head is HUGE and keeps swelling, but I think that headgear is made to fit everyone, though I don't know how they guessed at the size. Also remember theta two piece setup is meant to adjust it tighter or looser by moving the pieces together or away from each other, so there is adjustment just not in the typical way.

Mrs G is a whiz with the sewing machine though and I'm sure there are others here too so I doubt it would be that hard.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 352 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.