Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need Advice: fix old PR System One device or buy the new model
Need Advice: fix old PR System One device or buy the new model
Hello,

I currently own a PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex, the 2009-2011 model (second from the right in the below image).
It just got broken and fixing it would cost around $500.

Question is: does the newer model System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex (first from the right in the image) comes with core improvements (like on algorithm, options, etc.) versus the model I already have? Because if so, I would go for it rather fixing what I have.

Your support is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Matt

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Advice: fix old PR System One device or buy the new model
Welcome to the forum, Matt W
I think the 60 series machine is the same as 50 series machine but comes with the heated hose option
You can use the 60 series machine with either the standard humidifier or the heated hose humidifier but each need different power supply
Both machines supported by SleepyHead software
The link is at the top of the page

From Supplier #2: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Gently Used Respironics System One DS750 BIPAP Auto Machine $649.00
Optional heated humidifier for $70.00

Gently Used Respironics System One DS760 BIPAP Auto Machine $649.00

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matt W,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Any clue about what's wrong with it? If you find a working model for not that much more than the broken one, maybe you can fix the old one yourself.

I agree the 60 series models are only minor improvements over the 50 series other than having a heated hose option. Also, there are two versions of the 60 series heated humidifier, so you may not even get the heated hose option. There are probably some bug fixes, new bugs, or algorithm improvements, but I haven't heard a lot of details.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guys,

Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice.

I've been told that the mainboard is toast...
Background is that I'm based in EU and the way I see it now, based on your feedback, I'd rather pay $500 to fix the old gear here than get a new one from the States plus shipping, plus VAT (which is still below the EU price).
Guess I'll upgrade when 70 series is out Smile

Again, thanks a million!
Matt
Post Reply Post Reply
Who have you found to fix it? I'm having trouble finding an independent group/person/company to fix mine. No one wants to touch an out of warranty item from what I can see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 60 series. No bugs Ive encountered. Response times reportedly are a bit faster. Love mine. No problems so far with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2014, 10:14 PM)imseeker Wrote: Who have you found to fix it? I'm having trouble finding an independent group/person/company to fix mine. No one wants to touch an out of warranty item from what I can see.

I've fixed it in Romania: www[dot]oxigenplus[dot]ro
Unfortunately they don't have an online business, all the more an English version of their website. I took the device to their office for diagnosis, after a week I got a quote, accepted it, the ordered the components and in approx 1m the device was fixed.

They are part of Linde Group (Healthcare division) which has a worldwide footprint.

Matt
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 269 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,085 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.