Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] sleep study results and setting pressures
RE: sleep study results and setting pressures
(10-03-2014, 12:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: By that I mean from the beginning I have felt Phyllis belonged at a setting very near 8 for epap and ipap. It was pointed out, and rightly so, that such a low pressure might not address her CA's. But I still have this nagging doubt that her difficulties are with CA's, other than pressure induced CA's. So I'm pleased to see her pressures being modified gently lower.
Well, lately, not quite gently since I'm desperate. Yes, my obstructives were handled with CPAP of 8, but this VPAP won't let me modify max IPAP, so even after lowering ps to 1-6, and EPAP to 6.4, max pressure is still hitting over 12 probably 50% of the night, just looking at the graph. So I seem to have the right machine, but can't keep the pressure down. I'll be lowering the EPAP again tonight, so we'll see.

(10-03-2014, 12:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: But let me say Vaughn is a really sharp cookie! His advice (albeit a little wordy) is top of the line around here. We're really blessed to have him as a resource for us.
Yes, he has lots of words, not what I'd call 'wordy' but maybe so dense with meaning that I have to read many times to fully understand. He's into the nuts and bolts while I'm still trying to keep in mind that if it starts with an 'I' it's inhale and if an 'E' it's exhale. And 'PS' does not mean more coming. Thus the multiple readings for this newbie.

And absolutely blessed to have his advice.

Thanks ,Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply
But let me say Vaughn is a really sharp cookie! His advice (albeit a little wordy) is top of the line around here. We're really blessed to have him as a resource for us.

Yes he is!! and have learned much from the comments of his that I have read and really studied! But wasn't exactly what I meant ..

I just believe that people with lung ailments have to be treated differently then others to allow their acclimation to the machine they are using. With them (us) lower settings according to their lung capabilities have to be consider foremost in their initial usage of a CPAP machine. As in my case a person could just become so discouraged that I can see why people just hide their machines in the furthest reaches of their closets. And then they continue to suffer through this ailment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rabbit,

I started a thread awhile back hoping to have dialog with those of us that might have specific therapy issues because of silly little things like emphysema or asthma, or whatever. But it didn't really go to far.

You might want to take a look though and maybe we can find some things to commiserate about. It's here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid79338
Post Reply Post Reply
And I think that high pressures are hard on some even if they don't have a lung condition. I'd rather see start low and slowly increase (same as whitewabbit). Also, wide open ranges on 'auto' machines don't mean that you get the pressures that are best throughout the night. Just my opinion, but based on my experience so far. Painful experience, I might add.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.