Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus Problems - maybe
Sinus Problems - maybe
Day 6 with the Resmed S10 for her.
Got a REALLY good nights sleep.

The lanolin and larger P10 pillow did the trick - thanks all.

I seem to be getting a sinus problem. Seems logical with the added air pressure pushing stuff into the sinuses but it could also be just a plain old head cold. Nose is clear - nothing out of the usual.

Anyone else experience the feeling of a sinus headache? Had it for the past 3 days after using the S10. Pressure is 9 (I think this is considered low but do not yet have enough experience).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sinus Problems - maybe
9 is probably medium -- up near 20 (maybe above about 15) is high, but there is no general agreement on this.

In the beginning, I did any and everything to keep my nose and passages clear, including using Sudafed, about a gallon of Nostrilla nasal spray, saline irrigation, Flonase/Nasanex, etc.

My sleep doc told me to use anything OTC (according to the label) that I needed, despite there being some warnings for those on heart meds (I am recovered but still taking several.)

CHECK with YOUR doc before you use anything dodgy -- I just called and talked to his nurse who relayed the questions.

The NeilMed Sinugator is the BEST thing I have found but just using a cup of warm saline (snorted) works almost as well and as well or better than things like "neti pots".

The Sinugator comes with some saline packets but once you use those just make your own. (Or save them for travel and make your own saline mix from the start.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
It is probably just your body continuing to adjust. Or it could be totally unrelated.

Like Herb said, try a nasal rinse. I use Neilmed packets with the Ayr bottle. It was hard to get used to at first but now I love it. Unlike nose sprays, rinses are not "addicting".

You could also try to adjust the humidifier some, too. Sometimes, too much humidity will clog you up just like too little. But I'd start with the nasal rinse, first. See if that helps. Give it a few nights.

Don't do too many "let's try this" things at once or you won't know which one worked!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you keep your mask, tubing and humidifier real clean
Post Reply Post Reply
That is actually not an issue, at least not as much of one as people think. You aren't breathing in any more germs from yourself than you are any other time.

The bigger risk, though, is if it gets really nasty and weird bacteria grows. So while dragging your snotty self out of bed to clean gear may seem like a major effort, it's worth it.

I used to keep a second mask to use for when I was sick. I could clean one and let it air dry while I went back to bed with the one I cleaned from the day before. But I've not gotten sick like that in a long time. And these smaller pillows with smaller frames are easier to dry now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 223 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,852 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 344 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,570 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.