Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home sleep study and wife
Angry 
Home sleep study and wife
Wife just got the call back from her home sleep study and got the answer I knew was coming even though its wrong.

Study doesnt show enough events to get the Doc to write the prescription. Oh-jeez

This twice in 10 years once in the lab where she could not fall asleep and here where once she had the contraption on she only catnapped for short periods from exhaustion. Put a test of any kind on her and you can forget about her falling asleep for more than 15 min at a time for a couple hours total much less a deep sleep.

She has OA. A blind mule could listen to her in the night and know that without seeing her body heaving and her bolting upright gasping for air half the night or better. Which I do about every night as she goes to bed much earlier than I do.

Six months from now she can try again but itll just be the same thing.
I dont see why they only do one night. If she wore the thing a second night to get used to it being there she could probably sleep and the test be accurate. But no, so she suffers this every night for years and their tests for few hours dont show it because she barely sleeps during the test.
I getting tempted to track down a used auto machine and let it set her up. Rather go thru the medical system but this is getting ridiculous. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Home sleep study and wife
(09-22-2014, 02:14 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I getting tempted to track down a used auto machine and let it set her up. Rather go thru the medical system but this is getting ridiculous. Oh-jeez

Personally, I rather like that idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have copy of your RX. What if you just order yourself a back up machine?
When you rant using your back up machine and happens to find its way over near your wife, who knows what could happen. If my wife's apnea was as bad as you describe she would have a machine. If needed an RX could come from any PCP, GP, dentist or homeless person on the street.
And every person who is allowed to answer a phone would recognize my voice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 02:14 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I getting tempted to track down a used auto machine and let it set her up. Rather go thru the medical system but this is getting ridiculous. Oh-jeez

I'd say do it and get on with the treatment. I had to do the same thing since my sleep lab was basically a no sleep lab like your bride's. I had to buy a used machine but it came from a registered DME supplier so my doctor agreed with my self-diagnosis and wrote me the script.

I would have gotten one from Craigslist (no script needed) if I hadn't been so desperate at the time. The money I spent on the no-sleep test and doctor, etc. would have paid for the machine with change back.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a smart phone you can always google Snoreclock (ralphs apps) or get it from apps store.
This will record her sleeping and it will display a graph.
So you will have a recording of her stopping breathing and also be able to show it on a graph.
It can also be used on iPad, smart phone (android) and tablet (android).

There other apps around but I know this one works.

Once they hear her and look at the graph they will surely agree with you.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ghost1958,
I don't blame you a bit for getting a spair machine and letting your wife start treatment with it.
Good luck to you both.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Sounds like a good option Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 02:34 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: If you have a smart phone you can always google Snoreclock (ralphs apps) or get it from apps store.
This will record her sleeping and it will display a graph.
So you will have a recording of her stopping breathing and also be able to show it on a graph.
It can also be used on iPad, smart phone (android) and tablet (android).

There other apps around but I know this one works.

Once they hear her and look at the graph they will surely agree with you.

Hope this helps.

That sounds like a nice app to do prelim testing with. I did similar testing with a tiny self contained audio recorder. Worked like a charm to convince me. You still won't escape the $3G's sleep test if you're expecting some insurance coverage but it could help show your doctor that the tests aren't serving some people well and perhaps if enough people complain, things might change. Nah..not likely. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
And you can certainly (at worst) follow the excellent advice about using your Rx to get a "backup" for yourself.

Ideally, you would convince the doc and get insurance to pay for (their portion of) it.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes you have no choice but to do what you ahve to do. I just went this route and I am much happier.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 165 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,368 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,267 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 256 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 381 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.