Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trending Oximeters?
RE: Trending Oximeters?
(09-28-2014, 08:46 PM)Brewskie Wrote: An oximeter that does spot checking is what I'm talking about, if that helps Smile

I mean, they all do spot checking, but I'm looking for one that will also download the data.

Why?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have a look at the CMS50EW; it is Bluetooth! About $110 give or take and mine works very well. Rechargeable and records. I also have two other CMS50E's that I am going to sell I think but could not resist the Bluetooth version. Have not looked to see the latest offering from Contec for a while but checked all three of mine against a hospital grade pulse oximeter and each was 'dead on' the same. (Wife works at a hospital). I bought them to record my SpO2 but ultimately needed them to record pulse rate as I came home with aFib from my hospital stay that took them over a year to diagnose. It's under control now and I'm in NSR all the time with the use of a wee pill called TIKOSYN from Pfizer, but I still leave the Pulse Oximeter on regularly to make sure nothing fishy going on while I am asleep. I love my CMS50EW. I match the start and stop times to my ResScan and stretch the scale to match. Quite interesting and very critical data I believe.

(09-28-2014, 11:34 AM)Brewskie Wrote: I've been hunting around for an oximeter that I can download the daily results into software that allows me to keep tabs on my progress.

I bought the CMS50D+ thinking since it records it must do what I'm wanting. But the recording is mostly for sleep studies, which is what I have been using it for.

What I need is an oximeter that puts a time stamp on each reading. This way the software can create the appropriate graphs etc.

I've found the Onyx II 9560 and I think it will do what I need but it's way too expensive for me at this time.

Does anyone know of a less expensive oximeter that has trending software?

Thanks in advance!

B

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 03:58 PM)woozie38 Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 08:46 PM)Brewskie Wrote: An oximeter that does spot checking is what I'm talking about, if that helps Smile
I mean, they all do spot checking, but I'm looking for one that will also download the data.
The oximeter I use is a CMS P which is simply a finger probe with a USB plug on the other end of a longish cable, plus monitoring software. This unit records SPO2 data to a folder on your PC. The software allows you to see a trace on the screen showing PR, plus SPO2 data on the vertical axis and time on the horizontal axis. A separate file is created for each session which can be overnight or any length of time. Detailed reports can be printed off to take to your sleep doc too. I can recommend [link removed by moderator] as I've used mine for many years. The created file is in spo format which can be read by Sleepyhead. - Cost US$60.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

I omitted to mention, the CMS P1 spo2 gives an instant readout on your PC screen in real time. Google CMS p1 spo2 for more info.
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS 50D+ does this as well. That is what the SpO2 Review software does. It will save the recording made in real time.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,758 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Brick Can slight arrythmia disrupt oximeters? Seems not? DavidEsp 3 523 04-13-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  AHI Trending Up mcman56 0 433 12-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  [News] OXIMETERS -- RACIAL DIFFERENCES srlevine1 0 474 06-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CMS50I-CMS50F oximeters: technical and uploading differences and limits 2SleepBetta 16 3,465 11-19-2021, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Fingertip Pulse Oximeters Jeremy H 5 927 01-31-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Definitive list of SP02/Pulse Oximeters for Oscar? tsitalon1 1 926 01-29-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.