Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

too sensitive??
RE: too sensitive??
Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 11:38 PM)zoecat5 Wrote: Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.

I see my GP next week, as well as an ENT.
I am going to try to find an outfit that will at least consider looking at my Sleephead data, at the present only my GP is on my side....
Seeing a respirologist in November...

I know I will need to go back on some version of the machine, but need to work with someone who will consider the idea that I have pressure caused centrals...

S

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2014, 11:38 PM)zoecat5 Wrote: Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.

Hi Zoecat,

I did message you, would love to get that info, seeing my doc soon, it would be good to push for another test...

all the best,

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Saw the ENT doc, she was great, I described the sleep doc appointment and the study, plus gave a description of my 2 months on CPAP. She has referred me to another sleep doc, who actually knows that some people get centrals from CPAP therapy. See him in November.

Not sure I will return to the first sleep doc,little point as the sleep study was not accurate as I had to sleep on my back due to all the wires, apparently I had an AHI of 37 with only a few centrals...and he wants me to do another 2 month trial on CPAP, I don't think so...

Still sleeping well, I have noticed that my body has a hard time falling asleep and waking up, but average 8 hrs a night with a max of 2 bathroom breaks...as the ENT pointed out, there are over 80 different sleep disorders, we are at early days yet...

onwards...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I had no trouble with the sleep test. However my wife who I can right now hear rocking the walls snoring down the hallway, stopping breathing, gasping for air, etc could not sleep a couple of years ago in the lab nor a couple of weeks ago during a home test other than catnaps.

So she never went to sleep deep enough to do what she does almost every night all night which is stop breathing for long periods then come up gasping for air over and over again. Dont feel bad your not the only one that cant get a accurate test because of not being able to sleep during one.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Sensitive skin conphil 4 434 09-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: conphil
  Sensitive to flow limitation after 6h of sleep McPhearson99 9 1,176 07-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  Sinus are sensitive to mask pushing against them tsgoodwin23 4 678 11-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Sensitive to adrenaline rush hbp Bigtoddhere 0 625 12-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Bigtoddhere
  How can you tell if you are sensitive to higher pressure. Rcgop 9 1,747 06-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: tedvpap
Question [Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask Rousseau21 23 9,778 10-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Last Post: brenda1967
  My oximeter CMS50I is very sensitive to hand movements, is yours the same ? djrem3000 2 1,222 06-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Last Post: ajack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.