Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathe Right Nasal Strips
RE: Breathe Right Nasal Strips
(12-07-2014, 11:13 AM)surferdude2 Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 05:48 PM)Bompa Wrote: I never could get the strips to work with my large nose but found a product called SleepRight. It inserts into the nose, is very comfortable, washable and can be used several times.

[Image: Sleepright_zpsce5484ae.jpg]

Great product
Coffee

I've been using these ever since Bompa recommended them. I think they're great! They work much better than the adhesive strips that I used previously. I had also tried some another nasal device that were cone shaped but they were very uncomfortable and didn't stay in place very well.

I hereby say a belated thanks to Bompa and hope this helps some other poor soul having nasal breathing problems while CPAPing, or any other time for that matter. SleepRight works well and is comfortable to use.

I would presume the answer is no, but I hate to be presumptuous and presume to know what I don't know so I'll ask anyway. Any chance these will work while using a nasal pillows mask?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
HiGalactus!

No, I don''t think they would work with nasal pillow mask. I suspect the little connector between the inserts would make the seal area difficult to handle.

Not only that but a nasal pillows mask will usually inflate and expand the nose about as much as these devices do so there wouldn't be any useful purpose in having them.

I've used them with my full-face mask with good results. It's something to consider for those who suffer from dry mouth when PAPing since opening a restricted nose can reduce mouth breathing to some extent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy SD2! I kinda thought as much, but hey I figured I'd ask. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't yet used the strips with CPAP but have been meaning to try it. I have used the strips for years before I got the machine and find that they are VERY effective in opening up the outer nasal passages. I like 'em!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 07:05 AM)zonk Wrote: Recently started using the clear nasal strips with good results
Update
I no longer using the strips, the honeymoon is over and too expensive
Rather spend the money on a bottle of Australian Shiraz from the Barossa

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used zyrtec in the past but dumped them when I found there was a generic alternative by the name of "Cetirizine". It is available in the US at Sam's Club but I'm not sure about elsewhere here or other countries. It worked just as well and I didn't have a CA when I paid for them.

The cost comparison breaks down to 350 tabs for about $18 US vs Zyrtec at about $35 for 20 or so.

"JC"

I am not a doctor but I do support several and their families financially.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Zyrtec is now OTC, depending though on whether or not you have insurance though and what your copay might be if you ask for a script the insurance will pay for them, otherwise the OTC of Cetrizine is a better deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walgreens has a store brand equivalent of Zyrtec, they call it 'Wal-Zyr.' I believe the Wal-Zyr brand would be able to help you save a few bucks on that.

I had to drop the Zyrtec because of some undesired side effects and my snore ratio was going through the roof during the week or so I was taking the Zyrtec.

But still I stick on a Breathe Right strip at bedtime and it does help, drug-free.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 264 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,790 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,174 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Denture Adhesive Strips v. Mouth Tape Deborah K. 11 1,391 10-11-2023, 08:59 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,024 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.