Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Been on CPAP for 48 days now
Been on CPAP for 48 days now
Sleep study showed AHI of 63. I have not had any problems using my machine. I am now down to a AHI of 0.8. Some nights sleep straight through some nights one or two bathroom trips. My pressure is set at 12 and I have a ramp of 10 minutes. I feel mentally much sharper every day. I was never one for naps during the day before and still don't. I just feel much better every day. I meet with my sleep doctor the end of this month for my medicare compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Been on CPAP for 48 days now
Hi Mike1953,
WELCOME! to the forum.
Sounds like you are off to a great start, that's good to hear. Best of luck to you when you see your sleep doc and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep doing what you are doing.

Use your machine 100% of the time when you are lying down to sleep (or even watch TV etc. if you might fall asleep.)

You have great results and an easy time of it compared to most everyone else. There are a very few like us who found this so easy.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats and well done!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 02:21 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: Sleep study showed AHI of 63. I have not had any problems using my machine. I am now down to a AHI of 0.8. Some nights sleep straight through some nights one or two bathroom trips. My pressure is set at 12 and I have a ramp of 10 minutes. I feel mentally much sharper every day. I was never one for naps during the day before and still don't. I just feel much better every day. I meet with my sleep doctor the end of this month for my medicare compliance.
Congrats, nice results and perfect attitude

You would be better served long term, if they gave you S9 AutoSet instead of S9 Escape Auto as in profile (Machine: Resmed S9 Escape Auto). The AutoSet report breakdown of apnea events (whether obstructive or central), leak which is important to determine the effectiveness of the therapy and detailed data on the SD card (those are not available on the Escape Auto)

This something to discuss with the doctor asap before the end of the month, there might a way to exchange the machine for you

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Zonk, I am going to ask the doc about doing just that. Either the S9 AutoSet or the new S10 AutoSet. For everyone else thanks for the positive responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good post to read, congrads on the good results.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,096 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 502 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.