Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supplier Info/Ratings/Suggestions?
RE: Supplier Info/Ratings/Suggestions?
(10-04-2014, 06:06 PM)ChaosTheorist Wrote: So, it appears that it is forbidden to explicitly refer/link to a supplier. In that case, how are we supposed to get info that might help differentiate between suppliers? It looks like prices for current-generation gear are set by the manufacturers, since all the suppliers seem to have the same price. With price out as a differentiator, it would be nice to get info on service, responsiveness, useful secondary programs like automatic shipment of consumables, etc. Obviously, this information would need to be looked at carefully but, in the aggregate, seems like it would help identify the "good guys" among the dozens of options out there.

Discussion of suppliers is allowed. You can even mention them by name as long as their name is not also their website address. For example, if Zonk's company was known as Zonk.com you would have to say just "Zonk's cheated me!". But because this can get confusing and easy to forget, nearly everyone uses the Supplier's List numbers instead. It is easier for our more, well, mentally deranged members such as the ones who get distracted by snails.

Commercial links are not allowed anywhere except in the commercial section. That's what it is for. Even then, there are rules to keep it from being abused. The only links allowed are to non-commercial apnea related sites such as the manufacturers themselves.

The Supplier's List is not an endorsement list at all. It's just a listing of online suppliers we compiled in no particular order. ApneaBoard is built for education and sharing of information (even if that information is what cooked snails look like). We are not financially supported by anyone but ourselves through donations. Which means we are free to brag or complain about online suppliers. Or local ones (which happens a LOT). Or insurance companies. Or "sleep doctors".

Feel free to review an online site in our Review section.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just as an FYI... Our Advisory Members vote on which Suppliers get added to the Suppliers List.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2014, 10:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Just as an FYI... Our Advisory Members vote on which Suppliers get added to the Suppliers List.

Coffee

I did not know that. That is good to know.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2014, 10:51 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 10:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Just as an FYI... Our Advisory Members vote on which Suppliers get added to the Suppliers List.

Coffee

Yep, for instructions on how to add to the Supplier List, see the stickie post in the private Advisory Members' forum titled "How to Add DMEs to the Supplier List".

Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 06:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 10:51 PM)Galactus Wrote:

Coffee

Yep, for instructions on how to add to the Supplier List, see the stickie post in the private Advisory Members' forum titled "How to Add DMEs to the Supplier List".

Grin

Well I'lllll beeeee, there it is in black and white, a thread, and a whole procedure. You guys took my simple idea of a demand, and made it all complicated Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I split off all the off topic posts and moved them to their own thread in the Off Topic forum.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ittle-boys

Let's try to keep things better on topic and not fool around so much within someone's thread, okay guys?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 251 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.