Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still not getting a restful sleep..
RE: Still not getting a restful sleep..
(10-11-2014, 09:38 AM)divana4u Wrote: I agree completely with getting some software, I use SleepyHead, and monitoring your sleep data.

This should be the the subtitle of this whole forum. Apnea Board "Use software to monitor your sleep data" or something.

(10-11-2014, 09:38 AM)divana4u Wrote: That said, it sounds like you might be a candidate for APAP...Oh I don't know, set to 8-11 or so. The AutosSet Elite can be changed to an APAP, I think. You want to make sure you cover your historical range, as it were. Open the range, close it down...you will see a pattern forming in the software and the correct pressures will be found. Whatever you do, don't make a lot of changes and do not change too quickly. 1-2 weeks should be a minimum test period. As you said you're new, you cant find perfection overnight.

My sleep study transcriber recommended 4-12 for me, my doctor and I agreed on 6-10 and I am currently at 7-11. Only you can determine the quality of sleep. Just make sure you are making an informed decision.

Unfortunately the AutoSet and the Elite for the A10 are two different versions. the AutoSet can be set to CPAP but the Elite is CPAP only. I could get the AutoSet if I wanted to buy it outright, but since the provincial insurance covers 75% of the machine that I am prescribed, I went with the Elite. I would have got the AutoSet for Her, just for the potential resale value later on, since it does everything. Doesn't say you have to use the "For Her" features. lol

Overall, it hasn't been a week with the A10 yet and the only problem with I'm having is getting the pillows fitting right without hurting my nose. My nose is slightly crooked at the bottom so my left nostril has a tendency to hurt. Too loose where it doesn't hurt and I get leaks. Any tighter, nostril pain. Mostly where the cartilage is. But I'm trying different things so hopefully will find a good solution soon. And my leak rate went from 8L to 12L for the last couple of nights, which I can't explain. Still trying to find out why.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,360 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.