Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card for the Resmed line of machines
RE: SD Card for the Resmed line of machines
I think the SD cards max out at 2GB. They can still be had from that big online bookstore that sells everything.

I tried SDHC cards but in my machine (S9 Autoset) they no dice. Go poo.

A 1GB card will hold WAY more data than the Resmed machines will download.

OMM

Post Reply Post Reply
Tape may stop it being inserted. If you look carefully on the side there is a small rebate along the length of the card that stops the card from being inserted. The tape would fill this rebate and stop the card being inserted. Failing that, the tape will come off and then be stuck inside the card reader/SD slot.
Post Reply Post Reply
don't think the tape fix would have worked because of the groove on the side of card as stated.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tape idea is really scary to me. I'd hate to find it stuck inside the machine. Even if the tape itself doesn't stick, the goo might.

ResMed says SD cards only, but most of us have found that SDHC cards work just fine. They also say to only use their own brand of SD cards because of a theoretical regulatory/safety issue. I'm not worried about that myself, but I understand why they would say that.

There's a link to the ResMed document on SD cards in my signature line.

Try your 4 GB SDHC card. Do you have a digital camera that uses SDHC cards? Try it in your CPAP, and it will probably work. The S9 machine will probably ask to format it and will delete any data there. The S9 will usually format it correctly no matter how it's formatted or what data is on it.

2 GB cards are getting hard to find. If you can't find one, and it's cheap enough, try an SDHC card. If it doesn't work in the CPAP, you'll have a spare for your digicam if you have one.

As others have said, the broken write protect switch shouldn't affect the ability of your PC to read the data, just the ability to write. Maybe the plastic case is somehow distorted and the contacts aren't making a good connection.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you put in a new SD card soon, the ResMed machine will put what it knows about the lost day onto your new card. The ResMed does not remember full detail, but is quite a bit of summary information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2014, 11:29 AM)Juanito Wrote: If you put in a new SD card soon, the ResMed machine will put what it knows about the lost day onto your new card. The ResMed does not remember full detail, but is quite a bit of summary information.

there's no information in the machine for that day. put the new card in within 4 hours. I think since it wrote to the original card already it didn't write that info to the 2nd card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 389 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.