Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated hose user?
Heated hose user?
Have a question for heated hose users, Do you use a hose cover on heated hose? Are there any problems with using a hose cover?

I've recently upgraded to a machine with a heated hose and wasn't sure if it ok to use a hose cover.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated hose user?
Dr Who, I use a heated hose but not a hose cover, I have never had a need for it and live in Melbourne.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the heated hose on a PRS1 auto flex. 3 is as high as I have ever set it and that was only on a very cold morning.

5 would probably be like sleeping at noon in the desert heat. LOL Never needed a hose cover and the hose is always dry even with humidity wide open and using a tank of water in 9 hours.

Dont think you need a hose cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 03:05 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Dr Who, I use a heated hose but not a hose cover, I have never had a need for it and live in Melbourne.

Thanks to those that have replied so far

Here in Canberra it does get cold in winter well into the minus temps, so I wasn't sure about using the cover.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the Hybernite hose with a hose cover on occasion. I like sleeping in a cool room, and sometimes it didn't put out enough heat so I needed the insulation. (Most people like a warmer room so they won't have this problem). I've never had any trouble using a hose cover, unless the room was warmer than expected and then it made the air in the hose too warm for comfort.

A newer hose like the Climateline won't overheat the air if covered--it will just put out less heat and keep the temperature the same. The Hybernite has no temperature control whatsoever, so keeping the air a comfortable temperature is tricky. It's unusable in warm weather, so I switch to a standard hose then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DrWho?,
I use a hose cover on my heated hose and haven't had any trouble doing that.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen quite a few people say they use a hose cover on their heated hose. I do not yet have a heated hose (hope to change that soon) so I don't have any first hand experience, but I see it mentioned often.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you like the air slightly warm-ish (or like to imagine it is warm-ish), then a cover would help. If you sleep in a cold room, I wonder if it would help extend the life of the heated hose since it would not have to work as hard? Interesting concept.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 89 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,710 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 298 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,021 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 663 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 271 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 403 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.