Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRS1 sponge filter popping out. The cause and the fix.
RE: PRS1 sponge filter popping out. The cause and the fix.
(12-07-2014, 02:37 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 08:55 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I use both filters but never had my machine whistle. Sounds the same either way. Never had to trim a filter out of the pack. But the foam one does or did on mine get stiff after some washing and started popping out. New filter is still pop out free so to speak LOL.

Maybe the old filter has swollen after being washed a few times?

Thats a thought but at least mine didnt swell or shrink. It just got stiffer compared to filter that is either new or had only been washed once or twice.

The new filter I put in which is still much softer than the one I had washed several times has never popped out since putting it in.

As to which side of the white filter to go out and which side in after eyeballing them closely a sunset filter vs a Respironics filter I noticed this.

One side is a bit more fuzzy and doesnt have longer flat fibers on it.. that is the side that goes out. The other side has courser fibers that are flatter and wider. That side goes in toward the machine.

Never had to trim a white filter but the ones I get shipped dont have tabs on them like the ones for the old M series did though same filter will work on both machines. They slip in with a bit of room to spare.

Never had my machine whistle with or without the white filer though.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 02:14 PM)roe1549 Wrote: Both sides are mesh. So which side faces toward the machine?

The fuzzy side faces outward. That's the side that catches the dirt.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 02:14 PM)roe1549 Wrote: Hi everyone,
Question on the white filter. One side says Phillips respironics on it. Both sides are mesh. So which side faces toward the machine?

I believe the printed side faces out. i.e. When you install it and look into the hole, you'll see the advertising until you put the foam filter in.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2014, 02:14 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi everyone,
Question on the white filter. One side says Phillips respironics on it. Both sides are mesh. So which side faces toward the machine?

I was just looking for an answer about the same subject--they say the web side out but neither side looks like a web t me! I think it is the side with the Respironics logo on it intended to be on the outside, but not certain!Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SideSleeper,
I've been on APAP for almost a year now, and I still question myself every time I change that white filter. Huh

Both sides of the filter feel and look the same, so if I close my eyes and feel both sides, (It's the Close Your Eyes Test). Too-funny the softer side is the side without the PR Logo on it. That would be the side to put facing the machine, then the black filter over that. So the Logo should be on the outside.

Hope that helps.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The foam filter does have a tendency to fall out. I used a bit of a Rube Goldberg fix. Took a large paper clip ( 2 inch; Staples calls them "jumbo") and bent open one side. Then used some adhesive tape to secure the "unopened" part of the clip to the machine next to the filter opening, with the bent out part extending over the filter area. The white and foam filters can just be slid in and out. After about 6 months the tape and clip get loose - remove the tape, clean the machine of any residue adhesive, and repeat.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's odd, my filters have never fallen out, but I do read that some have this issue.

I check it every night before I do my mask fit check to be sure they are in ok.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rose, out of curiosity, why do you do a mask fit check every night?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Payton,
It helps me to get my P10 pillows seated properly.

Once I start the mask fit, the pillows inflate and if screen shows a leak or less than perfect fit, I can jiggle the pillows and reseat them or adjust straps for the best fit. Once I lay down, then I don't mess with them, they just stay put. Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I guess those of us with other than the latest mask technology Huhsign do have some benefits. I get my mask fitted once and after that I just strap it on and hit the GO button and get launched into glorious, low leak sleepdom. BananaBananaBanana

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 119 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,878 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Popping noise from Resmed elbow Proth 1 667 09-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,185 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 911 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,805 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.