Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 humidifier
RE: Airsense 10 humidifier
(11-19-2014, 04:50 PM)Bamajim Wrote: Checked the surface inside the machine and see no discoloration.
The water tank can be replaced by your DME

The dishwasher safe tank (37300) is better made and more durable than the standard tank but cost a little bit more
Post Reply Post Reply
The discoloration of the AirSense 10 standard water tank seem to be more common than originally thought as more people starting using the A10 and reporting the defect

The same with the S9 water tank, ResMed manufacture two versions of the water tank:
1- standard water tank which is inferior in quality and normally shipped with machine
2- Cleanable/dishwasher safe water tank, you have to fork out some more money

I think we need to know if the discoloration can cause any health problems to the user or to the machine

In any case, ResMed ought to recall the defective units and replaced with the cleanable water tanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have noticed a burn mark on mine. Only 2 weeks old. My climate control is set to auto. And humidifier was setup at 4. Never ran it out of water. I think its a ResMed issue that hopefully they will address.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 10:44 AM)timely Wrote: I also have noticed a burn mark on mine. Only 2 weeks old. My climate control is set to auto. And humidifier was setup at 4. Never ran it out of water. I think its a ResMed issue that hopefully they will address.
Report the problem to your DME, ask for the cleanable tub as replacement (on-line suppliers refer to it as "dishwasher safe")

Climate Control Auto: http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

The tube temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk I appreciate your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2014, 01:33 PM)timely Wrote: Thanks Zonk I appreciate your help.
Hi timely,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone was talking about this on another CPAP board. It sounds like it's just a harmless oxide layer on the stainless steel tank.

The reason stainless steel doesn't rust is that it forms a transparently oxide layer on the surface that blocks out further oxygen penetrating into the the metal and causing rust.

If this layer is a certain thickness and a few other things happen, light waves interfere with each other the same way an oil slick on water does and you get some rainbow colors. Stainless steel is known for doing this. Lots of people notice on stainless steel cookware and it does no harm.

There was a report that vinegar would remove the layer, at least temporarily.

The humidifier tank shouldn't be getting too hot. Unless you ran out of water, it almost can't get over 210F. There's supposed to be a thermal cutout in the heater at an even lower temperature than that.

I don't think it's overheating. It's just that the stainless steel they're using forms an oxide layer that discolors like that. It's a customer perception problem, but shouldn't be a health or reliability problem.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that most of the tanks being discussed in this thread, that have "burn" marks are the original aluminum tanks.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 10:12 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(12-08-2014, 01:33 PM)timely Wrote: Thanks Zonk I appreciate your help.
Hi timely,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thanks Trish6hundred.

My DME is going to give me the dishwasher safe tank as a replacement. She said I could even use regular water instead of distilled.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 09:10 PM)Bamajim Wrote: I run the humidifier on setting 6. I fill to the max line each night and it is close to empty each morning. Usually has a little water left, maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

Hey! I also just got the airsense 10 as well. The machine auto adjust the amount of moisture it requires depending on the humidity level in your room. It's possible that your room is quite dry (especially since it's the winter) which would require your machine to use more water. Placing a humidifier in your room to increase the humidity would decrease the amount of water your machine needs. (Just don't place it to close to your system Tongue)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 754 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,159 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.