Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S-9 Data
ResMed S-9 Data
I have a folder on my HD with about 1G of ResScan data *rlk files and pdf's for each day. I would like to make a backup on CD's of all the pdf's. Do I need to backup the pdf's only and delete the rlk files, or do I need to save the rlk files and the pdf's? Thanks, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S-9 Data
Since you haven't said why you are backing up the data to CD's, I would save both types of files. However, I find it unlikely that you have a gig of data for each night's sleep. Huhsign
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2014, 11:59 PM)PollCat Wrote: Since you haven't said why you are backing up the data to CD's, I would save both types of files. However, I find it unlikely that you have a gig of data for each night's sleep. Huhsign

I want to get 1G off my drive. The 1G is all of the rlk files and one pdf for each night. 825 pdf's or so plus all of the rlk files.

Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
Copy one of the pdf files to a memory key and try to open it either from the key or on another computer. If it opens just fine, especially on the other computer, then you don't need those other files.

But I am a data hoarder. If I needed to move them off my 'puter, I would move them all.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula. OK. Thanks. Good idea. I'd sure like to know what the rlk files are though. Regards, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
The .rlk file is the raw sleep data stored for each day of use. The .pdf's are probably reports that you generated.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 02:48 PM)BobF Wrote: Hi Paula. OK. Thanks. Good idea. I'd sure like to know what the rlk files are though. Regards, Bob.

The rlk files would be needed if you ever want to zoom in near an event and take a closer look at the data. Or if you wanted to adjust the scale to show more detail. So the rlk files may come in handy..

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way; The .rlk files are in binary so, unless you understand hex code and have a binary file viewer, you won't be able to open them and read the data. . . I know, you now have to try it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 03:32 PM)sgearhart Wrote: By the way; The .rlk files are in binary so, unless you understand hex code and have a binary file viewer, you won't be able to open them and read the data. . . I know, you now have to try it.

Hi sgearhart,

Sorry - I was assuming SleepyHead could be used to open the elk files and view the data. Not correct?

Thanks,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,074 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.