Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask appointment question
RE: mask appointment question
(12-09-2014, 11:08 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Daria if you want to dry your tube quickly get a micro fiber cloth tie a length of fishing line to a corner of it. Get a new nut from the hardware store that will drop thru the hose and tie that to the other end of fishing line.

Drop the nut thru grasp the fishing line and pull the microfiber cloth thru the tube. One or two pulls you have a dry hose.

Not my original idea. Picked it here or someplace on the net. But it works. Microfiber cloths wont leave any lint etc in the hose either.

I will have to try that. Sounds promising... need a right sized cloth, i guess
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask appointment question
(12-10-2014, 12:01 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(12-09-2014, 11:08 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Daria if you want to dry your tube quickly get a micro fiber cloth tie a length of fishing line to a corner of it. Get a new nut from the hardware store that will drop thru the hose and tie that to the other end of fishing line.

Drop the nut thru grasp the fishing line and pull the microfiber cloth thru the tube. One or two pulls you have a dry hose.

Not my original idea. Picked it here or someplace on the net. But it works. Microfiber cloths wont leave any lint etc in the hose either.

I will have to try that. Sounds promising... need a right sized cloth, i guess

They have them at Dollar stores and auto parts stores. about the size of a hand towel. Designed for polishing glass car finishes etc without scratching. 22mm tube has no problem sliding one thru staring one corner in first. 15 MM is a bit tighter fit but still the towel will slide thru.
Just use a heavy lb fishing line not something real light that will break like thread. You could even use staging cord if you wanted too just the fishing line is thinner and easier to tie on and wont ravel at the ends.

I dont do that often but if ive got a wet tube and want a nap its a quick way to dry it fast.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 487 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 595 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 378 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365
Question Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question. egmonster 2 581 04-07-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: egmonster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.