Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Washing head straps
Washing head straps
I use a Philips Respironics machine. My first head strap became very sticky after I washed it twice following the manufacturer suggestions with dish detergent and water. Then it folded over on itself and I could not get the fold undone as it seemed to glue itself together. So I called my supplier and they sent me a new one (had to send the old one back). This one I washed once and I saw it was going to do the same thing as the first one. So I stopped washing it.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any solutions?

Thanks!Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Washing head straps
It might help if you also told us which mask you are using.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 08:19 PM)bwexler Wrote: It might help if you also told us which mask you are using.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm betting you have a wisp nasal mask, that mask headgear is notorious for getting all sticky as you describe. My understanding from the board is that they changed the headgear. Please confirm the mask you are using.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oop. I use the nasal pillows. I think that is what you are asking, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 08:33 PM)Timotheus Wrote: Oop. I use the nasal pillows. I think that is what you are asking, right?

Nope, but close. We're asking the brand and type, for example I use a Resmed P10 Nasal Mask.

I'm betting you have a Phillips Respironics Nuance Nasal Gell Pillow Mask. The headgear is kinda sticky to help keep it in place, and as you use it it gets progressively stickier.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is the Nuance and they fixed it. I answered his question in another thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Timotheus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The Respironics Nuance nasal pillows mask headgear was like that at one time but they have fixed it.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 08:34 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(12-11-2014, 08:33 PM)Timotheus Wrote: Oop. I use the nasal pillows. I think that is what you are asking, right?

Nope, but close. We're asking the brand and type, for example I use a Resmed P10 Nasal Mask.

I'm betting you have a Phillips Respironics Nuance Nasal Gell Pillow Mask. The headgear is kinda sticky to help keep it in place, and as you use it it gets progressively stickier.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2014, 09:34 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, it is the Nuance and they fixed it. I answered his question in another thread.

It seems not as the OP is new and has received two, and they are both doing the same thing as the old one I had too. So did you do something special to get a "new improved model" or maybe the OP's DME just has old stock?

This is from the other post, though not knowing when you got yours and then the replacement I don't know if it helps you, but here it is anyway....

(12-11-2014, 09:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: They have since fixed it. The newer ones are do not do this. You can tell as soon as you feel it if it is a newer version of the headgear. They fixed it I guess about 4 or 5 months ago maybe? So if the supplier sells a lot of them, they should have these in stock. If you get it locally, go pick it up vs ship. Take it out of the box there and feel that strap. Fold the back strap over onto itself. It still kinda sorta almost sticks to itself but not nearly as bad. If it is still that sticky and icky, ask for the newer version. Insist on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 300 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] I have TMJ Syndrome and mask straps can aggravate it. KStanLD 7 1,032 07-14-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Uphold9887
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,054 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.