Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] How do they treat RLS?
How do they treat RLS?
What can be done to treat Restless Leg Syndrome?

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do they treat RLS?
I use lotion on my feet and legs. for some reason that helps a lot.... Drs hand out such things as Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica) but those have side effects so unless the symptoms can't be managed without them, I wouldn't (haven't)
Post Reply Post Reply
Neupro transdermal (patch) has good reviews and was suggested by my sleep doc although I didn't elect to try it. It has a generic version, Rotigotine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 01:37 PM)justMongo Wrote: What can be done to treat Restless Leg Syndrome?

http://www.webmd.com/brain/restless-legs...ndrome-rls
Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify, Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) is a daytime thing. It can get worse in the evening about the same time most people want to go to sleep but it is not a sleep disorder. RLS is the feeling of wanting to move, needing to move, of an itchiness inside only felt better by moving. The moving is voluntary so when asleep, the moving doesn't happen.

Leg twitching at night, during sleep, is called Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD). It does not happen while awake. PLMD is involuntary twitching in the legs and arms and can be quite violent.

A person can have one or both. They have never found a connection between the two, as in the violent twitching of PLMD is not a reaction to the feelings of RLS and the person reacting in their sleep. In OSA patients, the jerking often is connected to the longest OA events. Many of us probably have notes about "PLM" in our sleep study reports.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 10 392 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I treat primarily "Clear Airway" events? mcrick 13 1,034 02-04-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 1,030 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Same number of events with or without the mouth guard I got to treat sleep apnea? hejohoo 0 404 08-27-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Pressure] Need some help setting up my machine to treat me optimally please! Novah 23 1,720 06-10-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Hyoid suspension to treat sleep apnea chandlertj53 1 619 03-16-2022, 11:01 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Does CPAP also treat central sleep apnea (csa)? LetMezz 17 2,431 03-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.