Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Checks and Calibration
RE: CPAP Machine Checks and Calibration
I guess this has a lot to do with bricks. Either dataless bricks for CPAP machines or doctors with bricks between their ears who don't check the data collected.

If you are monitoring the data, you'll probably notice if the machine develops problems because it will be in the data, especially if it gets bad enough to affect the therapy.

If no one is looking at the data, you probably do need the machine checked out a little more often.

It occurs to me that the manufacturers could probably include a lot of data about how the machine is working for free with the existing hardware and computer built into the machine. There's probably some things you could calculate from blower RPM vs. pressure and airflow that would tell you how well the machine is running mechanically. Monitoring on/off power cycles, errors, etc. and recording this on the SD card and sending it along with the cell modem data could be useful.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Checks and Calibration
(12-14-2014, 09:57 PM)graeme Wrote: During a recent visit to my Gastro-Intestinal Surgeon, he posed the question "When was the last time your CPAP was checked or calibrated?" Can any member suggest what and how to calibrate/check a machine other than returning it to the manufacturer at great cost. It would be necessary to hire a standin machine.
Thinking-aboutThinking-aboutThanks

Many Thanks for the replies.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.