Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
RE: Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
My noise is air rushing into the intake port behind the filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2014, 11:38 PM)SuperDave Wrote: Mine makes sound only when I am breathing in.
Hi SuperDave,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2014, 11:53 PM)aussieboozer Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 11:38 PM)SuperDave Wrote: Mine makes sound only when I am breathing in.

Same here. It is a humming noise that is not very loud but annoying in a silent room. I had a rental machine for a month prior to buying and it was totally silent.
Hi aussieboozer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

This is exactly the noise I was hearing. The machine is very quiet except when I breathe in and out. The sound does come from the air intake on the unit. It's like I'm Darth Vader: "Luke, I am your faatheerrrr!".

When I brought the unit back, the Respiratory Therapist stated that this is normal for the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue with my Resmed Elite I bought last year. During my trial at the hospital I had all brands of old machines,Fisher Paykel which I managed to kill in the night with a glass of water.
Resperonics, don't know the type and an old Resmed vpap set to cpap. They were all pretty quiet. No problem. The Elite was like having a train in the bedroom. Had it looked at twice and bits replaced. Just got worse. After some dialogue with the Resmed state manager and many hostile moments with the supplier I was given the top of the range machine but 2nd hand. Still 5 year warranty. I was now happy. Noisy ones just do happen and I can't stand it. I have some breathing noise but nothing to be a problem
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2015, 07:22 PM)Sleep well Wrote: I had the same issue with my Resmed Elite I bought last year. During my trial at the hospital I had all brands of old machines,Fisher Paykel which I managed to kill in the night with a glass of water.
Resperonics, don't know the type and an old Resmed vpap set to cpap. They were all pretty quiet. No problem. The Elite was like having a train in the bedroom. Had it looked at twice and bits replaced.

My Resmed 10 Auto does make a bit of noise, but not enough to be disturbing. Last night we added in some oxygen and the machine that provides that makes far more noise. I slept last night with my noise cancelling headphones on. I sleep on my back in an easy chair, and I suppose the headphones would not be practical if you tend to sleep on your side.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sent an email to ResMed to see if this unit comes with a sound proofing muffler or if they have any idea what can be done to eliminate the amplified breathing sound. I will let you know if they turn up with something useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2015, 12:21 PM)Kladeios Wrote: I sent an email to ResMed to see if this unit comes with a sound proofing muffler or if they have any idea what can be done to eliminate the amplified breathing sound. I will let you know if they turn up with something useful.

The reply back from ResMed was not helpful. They told me to speak with my Respiratory Therapist. Seriously? They are the manufacturers. They at least should appreciate the feedback in an effort to make their equipment better or be able to provide some information on what may reduce the noise.

I invested in earplugs. Not even the sound of the fire alarm will wake me now!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 10:03 AM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 09:30 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Kladeios,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newer machines are supposed to be very quiet. You might have to exchange the one you have now for another one.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a quieter machine.

I have the AirSence 10 Autoset and I can tell you that you don't even know it's running it so quite , in fact the air blowing from the furnace ducts is louder than the machine is.
You might what to bring it back to your DME and compare it with another machine it doesn't sound right to me.
They have 2 year warranties.

Mr. Van Winkle

I have the same machine as Mr. Van Winkle and I agree - I can barely tell its on but I know when the heat is on!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just found this forum today and it is a real credit to those who run it. The volume and quality of information is excellent.

I was surprised to see others that also feel their Airsense 10 Elite is noisy. I made the decision to buy locally to get manufacturer support.
I picked mine up last Friday and was really surprised at how noisy my breathing is through the machine. I took it back to the supplier on Monday and the 'CPAP Therapy Consultant' at first agreed that it was overly loud, but when they could find nothing obviously wrong decided that it was caused by the 'high' pressure (12cm H20??) that it was set at.
This is my first CPAP machine so I took them at their word.
Definitely 'Not happy, Jan'
So looks like it is either breathe really softly or go the earplug route
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 101 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,396 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.