Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
RE: Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier
I notice that my ResMed 10 humidifier, water is slowly creeping under the plastic of my humidifier tank already!
I see ResMed put a little hole in the corner just to make sure it does leak!
It is not very old, only about 6 months. Sad that is not very good.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I have the same problem, but by dumb luck I kept my previous water tank which did not leak. The tank is over 6 months old, but no leaks. The problem is where the plastic meets the metal in the water bowl. For some reason, some tanks develop water leaks. I used Gorilla glue and that seemed to work, but I still use the old tank. I wrote ResMed, but was told to get touch with my DME supplier. This is not a supplier problem, but a ResMed problem. Go to You Tube, there is a video of a water tank leaking. Go Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a warranty on new(er) parts. 
I have medicare and they will replace broken parts. But the DME I am LEAVING won't replace it til I sign a form saying I'll pay for it if Medicare doesn't.  I'm going to another DME. 
Call your insurance and ask them.  Surely it should be covered. The old DME did not give me warranty information.  DMEs have too much power!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same issue with leaking water chambers as the rest of you.  Bought mine in November 2016 and it was good until October 2018; I had to replace that one this month.  They've all been the "Dishwasher Safe" version.  I have not been able to determine where or why it leaks, but in both cases I had just returned from a cruise vacation involving a variety of transportation methods (planes, trains, and automobiles). I suspected that something was getting twisted or otherwise distorted during travel that was causing the leak. This time, I'll use the leaking one for travel and keep the new one at home.  I'll use the old chamber without humidification as the machine does not work without a water chamber installed.
Post Reply Post Reply
The water chambers are very prone to leaking in my experience. For a while my wife and I were going through one each about every 4-6 weeks until I figured out how to fix them. In all my cases it is the plastic seam around the bottom section. If you gently pry on it with your fingernail you'll find a spot that gives. It's usually in one of the outside corners. You can then reglue it with some epoxy.  Once fixed in this way I've been able to go months without one leaking again. 

I had checked on the warranty and resmend says you have to go through your DME. My DME basically said I'd have to take the entire machine in for repair. Not worth it for a $25 replaceable part. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 02:10 PM)lakesailor Wrote: I'll use the old chamber without humidification as the machine does not work without a water chamber installed.

There's an optional cover plate to do a loopback of the air tube inside the machine so you can use the machine without the tank. You can find it with a web search for resmed airsense side cover. Typical price is $15 or $20.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 02:46 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 02:10 PM)lakesailor Wrote: I'll use the old chamber without humidification as the machine does not work without a water chamber installed.

There's an optional cover plate to do a loopback of the air tube inside the machine so you can use the machine without the tank.  You can find it with a web search for resmed airsense side cover.  Typical price is $15 or $20.

Thank you for the tip. I bought one at Supplier #1 for $19.95. Commercial link removed.
A great solution for travel and a smaller footprint on the frequently skimpy bedside table in hotels, etc.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 37 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.