Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 water tubs, spot the difference
AirSense 10 water tubs, spot the difference
The machine came with "standard water tub" (SWT), last week took delivery of some stuff and the "cleanable water tub" (CWT)

Both SWT (37299) and CWT (37300) looks identical, even the base is dull aluminum
I was expecting the CWT base to be shiny stainless steel just like the S9 CWT

The only difference is the SWT have a white bit of plastic and "DISTILLED WATER ONLY" written on the top while the plastic bit on CWT is grey and no such wordings on the top

Both tubs are can be opened in exact fashion
so why one is called standard and the other cleanable, and one cost more $$$ than the other
and
why distilled water recommended to SWT and no such recommend to CWT, given the facts that both tubs are exactly the same

I need someone else to confirm before starting accusing them of fraud and deception

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 water tubs, spot the difference
(01-05-2015, 05:35 PM)zonk Wrote: The machine came with "standard water tub" (SWT), last week took delivery of some stuff and the "cleanable water tub" (CWT)

Both SWT (37299) and CWT (37300) looks identical, even the base is dull aluminum

The only difference is the SWT have a white bit of plastic and "DISTILLED WATER ONLY" written on the top while the plastic bit on CWT is grey and no such wordings on the top

so why one is called standard and the other cleanable, and one cost more $$$ than the other
and
why distilled water recommended to SWT and no such recommend to CWT, given the facts that both tubs are exactly the same

I need someone else to confirm before starting accusing them of fraud and deception

Resmed says the A10 tanks are "Injection molded plastic, stainless steel and silicone seal" for both tanks.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

That does leave them with the option of using different plastic, seals, or different grades of stainless steel. Or changing the design. Maybe they use the same mold and plastic on early models but plan to implement cost reduction on later SWT's.

Is it possible the plastic is different? They don't specify the plastic used on the tanks. On the later version S9 tanks, the plastic on the standard tanks would soften and deform in boiling water, and the CWT wouldn't. The earlier version of the S9 SWT did not do this, but after they changed the design and made it easy to open, they changed the plastic.

I guess you could throw both of them into boiling water and see if they melt. Rolleyes

My S9 cleanable tanks are very slightly magnetic in some parts, but only in the corners and only if you use a really strong magnet. Stainless is weird on magnetism and sometimes is only magnetic in certain places due to the effects of the manufacturing process.

You might try a magnet on the A10 tanks and see if you can detect any magnetism. Stainless may or may not be magnetic, though.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Physical - device and water tub
Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.57" x 10.04" x 5.91"
(116 mm x 255 mm x 150 mm)
Air outlet (complies with ISO 5356-1:2004): 22 mm

* Weight (device and standard water tub): 44 oz (1248 g)
* Weight (device and cleanable water tub): 44 oz (1248 g)
Housing construction: Flame retardant engineering thermoplastic

Water capacity: To maximum fill line 380 mL

* Standard water tub - material: Injection molded plastic, stainless steel and silicone seal
* Cleanable water tub - material: Injection molded plastic, stainless steel and silicone seal

Whats the difference to warrant the extra $$$ of the cleanable tub and why the cleanable water tub can be disinfected and not the standard tub as both tubs are identical as shown above ... confused zonk

Ohwell nothing better than a nice cup of tea and cookies in times like these, the kettle is on

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 05:35 PM)zonk Wrote: The machine came with "standard water tub" (SWT), last week took delivery of some stuff and the "cleanable water tub" (CWT)

and

I just read the clinical manual and think I know the deference.

The CWT can be dissembled, The top and seal come of for cleaning. I only have SWT and it does not seem to come apart.

TheOldMan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,086 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,354 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 151 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 194 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,924 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,493 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,507 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.