Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

total mask
total mask
im new to the cpap world but im learning very quickly that there is so many things that can go wrong so here we go for about a week or so my mask fit great no problems and was getting use to it being on my face then i wake up eyes swelled nearly shut and eyes were on fire so i thought i may have did something wrong the next morning i wake up same thing this time i have a sore on the bridge of my nose so i run to see the man who set it all up for me and he said i needed a total face mask so can someone inform me on a total face mask Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: total mask
Never heard of it, but it sounds like you might have had an air leak that dried your eyes. Ouch. Get saline drops and double check that fit. There are lots of full face options, is that what you mean by "total face"? There are all cloth masks that work well, and of course the conventional plastic masks. Check out a search for Circadiance cpap mask, and see if that looks like something you'd be interested in. In addition to full face masks, some users like hybrid masks that use nasal pillows and a cup that encloses the mouth. All I can suggest is that you look at the options and pick out something you can live with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you want is the Philips FitLife
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/main/h...efault.wpd
Post Reply Post Reply
it looks like you would get an out of this world experience.

it is actually quite funny - when I went to my DME for initial mask selection and fitting, the technician said there was a special mask that was created for someone that suffers from claustrophobia. She opens the cabinet and shows me this -->
[Image: RTQGSUC.jpg]
I died laughing.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 09:33 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: it looks like you would get an out of this world experience.

it is actually quite funny - when I went to my DME for initial mask selection and fitting, the technician said there was a special mask that was created for someone that suffers from claustrophobia. She opens the cabinet and shows me this -->
[Image: RTQGSUC.jpg]
I died laughing.

That is not a picture of the Fitlife mask. It does not extend below the chin. You are right. What is shown in this picture is definitely comical.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks yall and novatom that looks like the mask i was showed and yes i was told my mask may be leaking and blowing in my eyes or there is something to do with my tear ducts and the pressure from the cpap is messing with them from the inside and the total face mask is suppose to show weather it is a leaking mask or the constant pressure from the cpap do you ever really get use to the cpap and how long does it take before you start seeing a change in how your feeling, for me i stay tired all the time its like i never really get rested
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2015, 09:52 PM)tupeloman38801 Wrote: thanks yall and novatom that looks like the mask i was showed and yes i was told my mask may be leaking and blowing in my eyes or there is something to do with my tear ducts and the pressure from the cpap is messing with them from the inside and the total face mask is suppose to show weather it is a leaking mask or the constant pressure from the cpap do you ever really get use to the cpap and how long does it take before you start seeing a change in how your feeling, for me i stay tired all the time its like i never really get rested

Look for a post from me on this issue from a week or so back, titled "Noobs Beware" about this same issue.

My wife (the cpap user) missed 4 days at her office last week due to mask leakage, or pressure through tear ducts, or both... Had a follow up at the doc's Wed, and she's well on the road to recovery.

She is starting to regain her vision in the majorly affected left eye, but still has a ways to go, if and before, it's ever all normal again.

The one thing I have done to improve her usage, is in moving her air supply hose that was attaching from from the floor up, to coming down from above, by attaching a hook to the headboard, that keeps it placed above her at all times. What this did was keep the vent that discharges excess air from the mask, blowing downward, instead of up toward her eyes. She tells me that it improved her sleeping comfort quite a bit as well.

Her numbers are staying pretty good, most nights between 3 & 4, one night coming in recently at 2.4... Her lowest ever since starting cpap.

Be real careful, these units are no doubt life savers, but they can can be dangerous as well!

Best, FLc

Post Reply Post Reply
thank you flcracker im glad to hear your wife is doing better and i will look up that post and i was also thinking about doing something to bring the hose down from above, i wake up sometimes fighting the hose and last night it must have been a fight as i woke up and the hose was disconnected in the floor
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 314 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,405 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 441 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 764 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Hourly AHI vs total AHI for the whole night Martyapnea 4 697 07-29-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Total AI vs. Measured AI's Bob Cali 2 540 06-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,633 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.